1.12.11

The Time Will Come #45

-
The Time Will Come - 
Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!

Thirteen Reasons WhyThirteen Reasons Why - Jay Asher
This is one of those books which I have picked up a few times and then put back down! I don't really have an excuse for it, well apart from the lack of time! 
I did a swap for this book and was so excited when I got it, it's one of those books which you see all over the internet and when you get it, it's like you can't believe it!
The concept of it just sounds amazing, just as amazing as 'The Future of Us' sounds!
Can't wait to read this one, I was close to taking it on holiday with me and have kept it top of the pile for a little while so the time may come soon =)
-
The Blurb
Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers thirteen cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker, his classmate and crush who committed suicide two weeks earlier.
On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.
Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers.



7 comments:

  1. I've got this one on my tbr pile too. It looks great :D But sadly it's been gathering dust on my bookcase for a long time now. I hope you get round to it soon Jodie.

    Jen x My TTWC post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, this is one of my favorite books. I was entranced by it and couldn't put it down. I hope you get to it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a really emotional book. So many great books, not enough to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That should say- "not enough TIME to read them"!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *loved* Thirteen Reasons Why! You should definitely read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one around, and I read a review that was really bad. So don't know what to think about it, but it sounds really good! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad I found this! It was difficult narrowing my choice down, but so much fun revisiting my TBR pile.

    Which I really need to stop adding to, but... I'm sure you know how that goes. Lol!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult