5.12.11

Cover Crazy #45

Hosted by The Book Worms
Sweet Evil - Wendy Higgins
This cover isn't one of though WOW ones for me but it has grown on me the more I look at it.
I love this cover because :
- Love how her dress comes out at the bottom and adds colour to the cover.
- The main thing I like is that it includes a male in the cover, not just a girl in a press dress!
- The guy looks handsome! 
- The font is simple but enough and both the title and authors name is big enough
- The body language between the two characters makes me intrigued
Dislike :
- Not too sure about the background and where they are, it's a bit boring
- Well it's not really that unique truth be told


Underworld - Meg Cabot
I love this cover but also feel a bit gutted that it has been ruined in a few ways. Definitely has a lot of potential though
I love this cover because :
- Love how she is being held on to, is he helping her or trying to hurt her? So intrigued! 
- Love how her expression doesn't give too much away
- It's very pretty, I like how her hair is down like that
Dislike :
- All the patterns on this cover really spoil it for me, they are so unnecessary and don't add anything.
- I also hate the lines near the title and authors name, WHY? It makes it look so childish.
- I think if the title was in more of an interesting font the cover would be better.
- The actual picture is awesome, it's just the rest

10 comments:

  1. sweet evil looks gorggeeoouusss <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet evil went to my wishlist right away after seeing the cover! Haven't heard about Underworld before, definitely have to check it out :) Thanks for sharing!

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about the Underworld cover. When I first saw it, I thought it was incredibly gorgeous, but after a few times of looking at it, it's losing its appeal.
    But I love the cover of Sweet Evil, especially the background because it makes it look a lot more mysterious/creepy.

    Great selection of covers again! :)
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  4. SWEET EVIL: Her dress is so nice and bright! I really like its texture and the flow. UNDERWORLD: This was mine when it revealed, too! See, with the first book, the extra line dripping from the A in ABANDON was one of my favorite parts of the design, so I don't mind the U so much. I actually really enjoy the way the U is curving over itself, come to think of it. I'm pretty positive that when this book releases, the font will be silver or gold. Computer images can't replicate foil anad it's a placeholder for where the stuff will go. For example, look at UNEARTHLY or HALLOWED by Cynthia Hand on the computer, then again in person. The difference is striking! I like that the dress is the same from the first book and this is stage two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at that Sweet Evil cover! I am more of a cool color girl, but that red is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Sweet Evil cover. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a pretty dress cover! I like how the background is light on her side and dark on his. The cover makes me want to read the book, even though I'm not sold on the blurb.

    I don't really like the second cover. It's nice, but it's too blue and I think that makes her look like a statue. The first book in the series was beautiful, and this was kind of a let down for me in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sweet Evil cover is gorgeous! I love the contrast of the colors on that one and that dress is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the cover of Underworld! It's beautiful! The book sounds very very interesting! I like it! Awesome choice! Thank you for sharing!

    Sweet Evil sounds very interesting! I like the cover as well.

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both covers, but I like the cover of Underworlds more. The contrasting night and the white dress in Underworld are amazing so is the way she is looking at the guy.

    What made me appreciate the cover of Sweet Evil was, as you said, the presence of the guy.

    Check out my Cover Crazy.

    Sana
    artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous covers! I especially like the one for Swwet Evil - I ador ethe combination of red, black and white!
    Here’s my Cover Crazy post. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult