22.4.13

*Review* - A Shade of Vampire by Bella Forest

A Shade of Vampire (A Shade of Vampire, #1)A Shade of Vampire - Bella Forest
Series : Yes (#1 A Shade of Vampire)
Released : 14th December 2012
Publisher: Self Published
Format : E Book
Source : Author (Thank you!)
Buy : Amazon Paperback (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
On the evening of Sofia Claremont's seventeenth birthday, she is sucked into a nightmare from which she cannot wake.
A quiet evening walk along a beach brings her face to face with a dangerous pale creature that craves much more than her blood.
She is kidnapped to an island where the sun is eternally forbidden to shine.
An island uncharted by any map and ruled by the most powerful vampire coven on the planet. She wakes here as a slave, a captive in chains.
Sofia's life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn when she is the one selected out of hundreds of girls to join the harem of Derek Novak, the dark royal Prince.
Despite his addiction to power and obsessive thirst for her blood, Sofia soon realizes that the safest place on the island is within his quarters, and she must do all within her power to win him over if she is to survive even one more night.
Will she succeed? ...or is she destined to the same fate that all other girls have met at the hands of the Novaks?

 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- Although this is a short story I didn't feel this stopped me from getting into the story.
- I very quickly got into the book and struggled to put it down.
- Such a new unique twist to the vampire world.
- Shade of a Vampire is an engrossing read with a great main character. 

In Long
I have to admit that I tend to find I don’t get into short stories that well so when I started A Shade of Vampire I never expected to get into the story so quickly and so much. Bella has fitted so much into 147 pages, I am in total admiration of her.

When I read the blurb of A Shade of Vampire I loved the sound of the storyline, I haven’t read a book like this and it totally took a new twist on the vampire world. Being only 147 pages I did wonder whether Bella would be able to get enough information about the island as well as the characters and storyline into the book.

Within the first few pages I had been introduced to Sofia and felt like I knew more about her from these few pages than I know about some characters within a whole book. It was nice as I bonded with her and came to like her personality. I often find this is the problem with short books, the characters lack characteristics and personality, it definitely wasn’t the case here.

The storyline was really engrossing; I hated having to put my kindle down and just waited for the next opportunity to pick it up again. I found myself wondering what was going to happen next and desperate to find out.

Final Thoughts
A Shade of Vampire is a unique, thrilling book which I couldn’t put down! It has everything from a unique storyline and setting to great characters which all add something to the story. I can’t recommend it enough.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult