15.4.13

Cover Crazy (#88)

Ink (Paper Gods, #1)Ink by Amanda Sun
I really can't make my mind up on this cover. Whenever I see it then I always think how pretty and unique it is but at the same time I can't decide whether it would grab my attention amongst a bookshelf of other books. 
I love this cover because :
- Definitely a unique cover, even more so for a YA book.
- I like how it's like a painting and the paints have 'dribbled' down like that. 
- I am intrigued about this book, it makes me wonder why this sort of cover was chosen for the book. Why a painting? And therefore makes me pick the book up.
Dislike :
- I feel like it's missing something which gives it the WOW factor.

Going VintageGoing Vintage - Lindsey Leavitt
I adore this cover, everything about it! I would definitely pick this book up.
I don't know why but when I love a cover so much I find it hard to explain why, going to give it a go anyway!
I love this cover because :
-  Love the 'old' feel of this cover with the camera.
- The dress she is wearing is so beautiful and really goes with the rest of the cover.
- I am really into pictures and editing and think the lighting behind the girl pretty much completes the cover as well as makes it feel very summery. 
- I like how there isn't lots of text on the front, just the title and author's name ensures your attention is on the picture.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about the first one, I think it looks like lots of other YA covers! The second one is fab, definitely one of my favourite of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both books definitely have the 'wow' factor for me :) Luckily I have both books to read as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult