18.8.12

*Review* Shooting Stars by Allison Rusby

Shooting Stars Shooting Stars - Allison Rushby
Series : No
Released : 18th February 2012
Publisher: Walkers Children
Format : Paperback
Source : Author (Thank you, Thank you, Thank you)
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)/Book Depository 
Overall rating
Photobucket


 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Meet Josephine Foster, or Zo Jo as she’s called in the biz. The best pint-sized photographer of them all, Jo doesn’t mind doing what it takes to get that perfect shot, until she’s sent on an undercover assignment to shoot Ned Hartnett—teen superstar and the only celebrity who’s ever been kind to her—at an exclusive rehabilitation retreat in Boston. The money will be enough to pay for Jo’s dream: real photography classes, and maybe even quitting her paparazzi gig for good. Everyone wants to know what Ned’s in for. But Jo certainly doesn’t know what she’s in for: falling in love with Ned was never supposed to be part of her assignment.


 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- Shooting Stars is action packed with lots of twists.
- The storyline gets better and better throughout the book. 
- Shooting Stars has much more to it than I thought it would. 
- I loved that I giggled at quite a few points in this book. 

In Long
The cover for Shooting Stars is amazing, I love it! It’s so unique and grabbed my attention quickly that I straight away had high hopes about this book. I wasn’t let down!
Shooting Stars is a hard book to wrap up, I wouldn’t say it’s an easy read as so much is happening throughout the whole book, your quickly picked up and sweep away into Jo’s world that you don’t have a moment to think about anything else or possibly get bored, no chance in that!

The storyline grows throughout the book, getting better and better and more addictive. There were so many little twists and then suddenly the biggest twists which definitely shocked me. I have to admit I went into Shooting Stars thinking it would be a cute, witty and easy read, that it was but it was also more. I was definitely gripped half way through the book and didn’t want to put it down! Shooting Stars has much more to it than I can say because I don’t want to ruin it but as I said, it has a big twist in!

Jo is a great main character; throughout the book I kept wishing that I could be friends with her, she is definitely the sort of person I could become best friends with. She is such a fun character who had me giggling at quite a few points in Shooting Stars but she also has a more serious side which has a big heart and really means well. I found myself wanting to protect her at a few points. Ned is a swoon worthy character, whom I also warmed too and felt quite sorry for.

Final Thoughts
Shooting Stars is a great, fun, witty, relaxing read and so much more. It was a pleasant surprise when Allison revealed the big twist that I didn’t see coming. I definitely recommend reading Jo’s story (Shooting Stars).   

3 comments:

  1. I really want to read this book. It's high on my tbr list, hopefully I can get it very soon. It sounds super cute and I love the sound of this character. Glad to hear that the story grows and gets better throughout the book. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you liked it so much! I ended up really enjoying it. Although I didn't think it was anything outstanding, it was a really fun read :D Great review, Jodie! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult