7.6.12

The Time Will Come #66


-
The Time Will Come - 
Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!
Sorry I have neglected this meme! Please put up any links from the past two weeks.
Thanks!

AdventAdvent - James Treadwell
When I received an ARC of this book I well intended to pick it straight away. I have to admit though that the negative reviews on goodreads have put me off. I was a bit unsure about this book anyway just because I am not sure if it's my sort of read but after seeing the negative reviews I was a bit unsure. There are some positive ones so maybe I need to focus on those ones!
Anyway I hope to give this one a go soon, I know it's always bad to be put off by others opinions as I may love it. In fact I hope I do, I love it when books surprise you and you find yourself loving the book!


The Blurb
A drowning, a magician’s curse, and a centuries-old secret.
1537. A man hurries through city streets in a gathering snowstorm, clutching a box in one hand. He is Johann Faust, the greatest magician of his age. The box he carries contains a mirror safeguarding a portion of his soul and a small ring containing all the magic in the world. Together, they comprise something unimaginably dangerous.
London, the present day. Fifteen-year-old Gavin Stokes is boarding a train to the countryside to live with his aunt. His school and his parents can’t cope with him and the things he sees, things they tell him don’t really exist. At Pendurra, Gavin finds people who are like him, who see things too. They all make the same strange claim: magic exists, it’s leaking back into our world, and it’s bringing something terrible with it.

4 comments:

  1. Been a while since I checked this out

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I didn't really get along with Advent. I got a super pretty ARC too - it was all white with a silver bird on the cover.

    I just found it really hard to get into - the sentences are really long and it's over-descriptive without a whole lot happening.

    I finished it, but only just.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( Oh no! I received an ARC of Advent and was really looking forward to it! I hadn't looked at any reviews for it; I didn't know they were mostly negative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting :) And the cover is very mysterious! Hope you can read it soon! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult