19.6.12

*Review * - Desires of The Dead by Kimberly Derting.

Desires of the Dead (Body Finder, #2) Desires of The Dead - Kimberly Derting
Released : 1st March 2011
Publisher: Headline 
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket


 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Violet can sense the echoes of those who've been murdered—and the matching imprint that clings to their killers. Only those closest to her know what she is capable of, but when she discovers the body of a young boy she also draws the attention of the FBI, threatening her entire way of life.
As Violet works to keep her morbid ability a secret, she unwittingly becomes the object of a dangerous obsession. Normally she'd turn to her best friend, Jay, except now that they are officially a couple, the rules of their relationship seem to have changed. And with Jay spending more and more time with his new friend Mike, Violet is left with too much time on her hands as she wonders where things went wrong. But when she fills the void by digging into Mike's tragic family history, she stumbles upon a dark truth that could put everyone in danger.



.................................... My Thoughs  ....................................
In Short
- Violet and Jay's character's grew. 
- I wasn't as gripped to Desires of The Dead as I was with The Body Finder.
- I found the new characters refreshing and easy to like.

In Long
As soon as I had finished The Body Finder I wanted to read Desires of the Dead. Sadly that didn’t happen and it took awhile for me to get to Desires of the Dead. Oh how I wish I had got to it sooner! Kimberly quickly followed on from The Body Finder, developing a new storyline which is as engrossing and addicting as The Body Finder. I love Kimberly’s ability to make you think that you know what’s going on and who the mystery person is to then throw it all back in your face and change everything you thought you knew.


All the characters grew in this book, Violet’s character become more likeable throughout the book and I often felt a lot of sympathy for her. Jay’s character became more interesting in this book, I liked how he became a stronger person and wasn’t too ‘lovey dovey’ but still very sweet and adorable. I think the new characters in this book added so much to the storyline, it was refreshing to have new characters alongside the main characters which are very easy to like.


Although I did love this book as much as The Body Finder when I think back to how much I was engrossed, I didn’t find myself as intrigued by the mystery person in Desires of the Dead as I did The Body Finder. There just wasn’t the same feeling for this person as there was in the first book, it just wasn’t as spooky or creepy!


Final Thoughts
 Desires of The Dead is a definite read if you enjoyed The Body Finder, it was nice to spend more time with Violet and Jay and great to see them grow as characters.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love this series! I even had my husband reading them and he finished The Last Echo last week and started The GOlden Lily. But anyway, great review! I hope you get to The Last Echo! (And don't worry, it's not the last one. I thought that when I saw the title. ><)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult