10.6.12

Guest Post - Morgan Matson's Playlist

Please welcome Morgan Matson to Books for Company!
Second Chance Summer
Second Chance Summer - Morgan Matson
Morgan has very kindly put together a playlist for us. I am sure  you will agree, there are some great songs on here and I will definitely be listening to this in between reading Second Chance Summer!

Second Chance Summer Playlist 
Whenever I write a book, I always have a playlist. It’s a list of what seems to evoke the book, or the characters, or is just a song that, for whatever reason, I can’t get out of my head. Here’s a few songs from it, and why they made it onto the playlist:

What Sarah Said/ Death Cab for Cutie
The epigraph of Second Chance Summer is a line from this song. It’s incredibly sad, but also a song that I can never get out of my head once I hear it. When I knew what this book would be about, I immediately thought of this song.

Daughter/ Loudon Wainwright III
I first heard this song in the movie Knocked Up, and it made me cry – at the credits of a funny movie! I immediately downloaded it. It was playing a lot while I was writing Second Chance Summer – so much of it is about being a daughter, and it helped me try to image what I could about Taylor’s dad’s perspective, since the song is a father singing about his daughter.

Fireflies/ Search Rescue
I love this song, which was why it was on this mix. But later, I started hearing a lot that fit the book. There’s a line in it – “how the stars fall from the sky/ they come raining down/ all around us.” This fit because there’s a meteor shower in the book, and stars are a big part of it. Also, fireflies just say summer to me!

The Story of Us/ Taylor Swift
True confession: I love Taylor Swift. And this song, about a relationship that could go either way but looks like it might be heading toward disaster, seemed perfect of this book. This could definitely be Taylor and Henry’s soundtrack at times. And I love sadder songs with upbeat tempos – they mess with your mind in a good way. J

You can listen to the songs here: http://grooveshark.com/#!/playlist/Second+Chance+Summer/70693276
Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson on Grooveshark



Find Morgan
Amazon (UK/USA)

5 comments:

  1. Omg, thanks SO much for sharing! I was debating over whether I should start SCS or In Honor and well, since I'm a huge fan of book playlists, I guess I'll be starting SCS today!

    Awesome songs - totally checking them out now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult