12.4.12

The Time Will Come #62

-
The Time Will Come - 
Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!


Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1)Wither - Lauren DeStefano
I have been hoping to read this one for ages, it's exactly the sort of book which I am enjoying lately, I love them! I think it sounds awesome and when I got Fever through the post it gave me another push to read it. Sadly tour books and borrowed books have to be read before though so Wither's time hasn't yet come!
I am quite worried that by the time I get to this one I'm not going to be as into dystopia as I am right now, I hope this isn't the case though and I doubt it. Everyone loves a bit of dystopia and for me it's something I can't get enough of because dystopia covers so many different topics and subject. 

The Blurb
By age sixteen, Rhine Ellery has four years left to live. She can thank modern science for this genetic time bomb. A botched effort to create a perfect race has left all males with a lifespan of 25 years, and females with a lifespan of 20 years. Geneticists are seeking a miracle antidote to restore the human race, desperate orphans crowd the population, crime and poverty have skyrocketed, and young girls are being kidnapped and sold as polygamous brides to bear more children. When Rhine is kidnapped and sold as a bride, she vows to do all she can to escape. Her husband, Linden, is hopelessly in love with her, and Rhine can’t bring herself to hate him as much as she’d like to. He opens her to a magical world of wealth and illusion she never thought existed, and it almost makes it possible to ignore the clock ticking away her short life. But Rhine quickly learns that not everything in her new husband’s strange world is what it seems. Her father-in-law, an eccentric doctor bent on finding the antidote, is hoarding corpses in the basement. Her fellow sister wives are to be trusted one day and feared the next, and Rhine is desperate to communicate to her twin brother that she is safe and alive. Will Rhine be able to escape--before her time runs out?Together with one of Linden's servants, Gabriel, Rhine attempts to escape just before her seventeenth birthday. But in a world that continues to spiral into anarchy, is there any hope for freedom?

7 comments:

  1. I still haven't read this one yet either. It's still sat waiting patiently on the bookcase. I've heard such good reviews about it too. I hope you get round to reading it soon Jodie.

    My TWC Post

    Jenny - Chocolate Chunky Munkie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this book. I hope you enjoy it too when you get a chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read and reviewed this one, and I LOVED it! I can't believe it took me so long to get around to reading it. Amazing book! Read it soon!

    My Wither review- http://www.alwayslostinstories.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/review-wither-by-lauren-destefano.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've meant to read this for ages, but somehow just forgot about it :/

    Here's my TTWC: http://monaliz-mindreading.blogspot.com/2012/04/time-will-come-20.html

    Monaliz @ Mind Reading?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just read this as a part of Catch Wither Fever, a read-along I co-hosted. It was pretty good! I hope you're able to get through all your other books soon and make some time for Wither!

    My TTWC

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had Wither on my TBR for a while now too. I really want to read it, but I'm scared it won't live up to the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I read I just read the sequel, Fever! It was so good, so I hope you have a chance to read it soon! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult