12.7.12

The Time Will Come #70


-
The Time Will Come - 
Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!




Little Face (Spilling CID, #1)Little Face - Sophie Hannah
I don't usually read these sort of books, it's classed as a mystery/thriller and I am more of a YA reader (As you can guess from my reviews). Saying that, I have found myself loving books which have a hint of mystery in them. They are the type of books I find myself getting really engrossed in. This book sounds awesome doesn't it? How scary for a mum to think that the baby in front of her isn't hers? I can so see myself loving this if it keeps me in suspense throughout the book and the strong emotion that a mother would have comes across in Alice.


The Blurb
It's every mother's nightmare ... The first time Alice Fancourt goes out after their daughter is born, she leaves the two-week-old infant with her husband, David. When she returns only two hours later, she swears the baby in the crib is not her child. Despite her distress, David is adamant that she is wrong. The police are called to the scene. Detective Constable Simon Waterhouse is sympathetic, but he doubts Alice's story. His superior, Sergeant Charlie Zailer, thinks that Alice must be suffering from some sort of delusion brought on by postpartum depressions. With an increasingly hostile and menacing David swearing she must either be mad or lying, how can Alice make the police believe her before it's too late?

3 comments:

  1. Nice review Jodie. You made the review more lively, by adding your personal comments and emotions, to help relate with the mother in Little Face. Time to grab a copy for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that sounds really good! Hope you can read it soon, because creepy! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult