2.7.12

*Review* - Captive in The Dark by CJ Roberts

Captive in The Dark - CJ Roberts
Released : 20th July 2011
Publisher: Neurotica Books
Format : E Book
Source : Brought
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)|Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Caleb is a man with a singular interest in revenge. Kidnapped as a young boy and sold into slavery by a power-hungry mobster, he has thought of nothing but vengeance. For twelve years he has immersed himself in the world of pleasure slaves searching for the one man he holds ultimately responsible. Finally, the architect of his suffering has emerged with a new identity, but not a new nature. If Caleb is to get close enough to strike, he must become the very thing he abhors and kidnap a beautiful girl to train her to be all that he once was.
Eighteen-year-old Olivia Ruiz has just woken up in a strange place. Blindfolded and bound, there is only a calm male voice to welcome her. His name is Caleb, though he demands to be called Master. Olivia is young, beautiful, naïve and willful to a fault. She has a dark sensuality that cannot be hidden or denied, though she tries to accomplish both. Although she is frightened by the strong, sadistic, and arrogant man who holds her prisoner, what keeps Olivia awake in the dark is her unwelcome attraction to him.

WARNING: This book contains very disturbing situations, dubious consent, strong language, and graphic violence.

.................................... My Thoughs  ....................................
In Short
- CJ has written a dark but honest book.
- This book will take you places you haven't been before. 
- The characters are very strong ones with their own  part in the book.
- This book ends on a huge cliff hanger! 

In Long
This is a very dark and honest book which takes you places you most definitely won’t have been before!
Captive in The Dark is the book I turned to when I couldn’t get into any other book. Before this book I had tried 3 others which I had given up on pretty quick! I was hoping it would be something different taking me away from the usual sort of books I read. It was definitely that and more.
Captive in The Dark quickly builds up the characters ‘profiles’ enabling you to get to know them. I have to admit I quickly liked Caleb but I couldn’t explain why he just seemed likeable! I really liked that CJ could make me like someone who I knew was going to commit a horrible crime. Olivia was someone I had mixed feeling about but is quite a complicated character who is someone you grow to like. CJ really did a great job with making the characters come across in the way she wanted them too and created two very strong characters. Their emotions are always clear and quite often very raw.
The storyline is quite a difficult one which deals with difficult things that made me feel quite strange at some points but throughout the whole book I felt CJ justified the actions from the characters point of views. I was totally gripped throughout this book, the storyline just never slows down and is constantly keeping you ‘on your toes’. I loved how most of the things which happened in this book was very unpredictable.
This book ended with a huge cliff-hanger which I both love and hated CJ for. I am desperate for the next book. I can tell how much work CJ put into this book and I just hope the second is as good as this one and continues to build on the main characters. .



Final Thoughts
C.J. has written a book which is dark, honest and shocking.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an intense read! I like it when a book about difficult topics is compelling and unpredictable. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for bringing this book to my attention. It is sure to make for an amazing read.

    I would like to invite you to my Trivia Fun. Check it out at: http://b00kr3vi3ws.blogspot.in/2012/08/sunday-trivia-1.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult