15.2.12

Waiting on Wednesday (#54)

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Perfect Escape Perfect Escape - Jennifer Brown
Published : 10th July 2012
Publisher : Little Brown
Anything written by Jennifer Brown is pretty much a 100% read for me. I loved her book Bitter End and have Hate List on my bookcase waiting to be read. I love how Jennifer deals with tricky subjects in her books and doesn't hide from anything. 
I haven't read a book which focuses on sister and brother relationships for ages (don't know if I even have!) so this one will be an interesting read and I look forward to seeing how Jennifer portrays their relationship. 
-
The Blurb :
Kendra has always felt overshadowed by her older brother, Grayson, whose OCD forces him to live a life of carefully coordinated routines. The only way Kendra can stand out next to Grayson is to be perfect, and she has perfection down to an art -- until a cheating scandal threatens her flawless reputation.
Behind the wheel of her car, with Grayson asleep beside her, Kendra decides to drive away from it all -- with enough distance, maybe she'll be able to figure everything out. But eventually, Kendra must stop running and come to terms with herself, her brother, and her past.
With undeniable grace and humor, acclaimed author Jennifer Brown explores OCD, the pressure for perfection, and the emotional highs and lows of a complex sibling relationship.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I've seen this one on Goodreads - it does sound like a great read! It's perfect for the summer :)

    My WoW

    Happy reading!
    Vicky
    Books, Biscuits, and Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure whether it would be a perfect read for me, but it sounds really intriguing nonetheless. I think I'll wait for a few reviews first...

    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great! When are the giveaway results up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. eeep!!! i had this one a few weeks ago!!! i love books about discovering how to overcome perfection!!! great pick!!! eeee just sounds so great!!!

    Tara's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent tips! Really useful stuff. Never had an idea about this will look for more of such informative posts from your side. Now click here check cashing Good job... Keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult