23.2.12

The Time Will Come by Katie Dale (#56)

Someone Else's LifePlease welcome Katie Dale to Books for Company. 
Katie is a debut author of 2012, her first book is Someone Else's Life. I have seen Someone Else's Life on numerous blogs with lots of bloggers saying how excited they are to read this book, me included!
Find Katie :
Website
Twitter
Goodreads
Amazon (UK/USA)
Book Depository 

-
The Time Will Come - 
Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!


Fifteen Days Without a Head
I have been itching to read this book for AGES! It’s not my usual choice for a YA read – normally I favour older YA with teen girl protagonists (Sarah Dessen, Sharon Creech, Sarra Manning) but I first heard about FIFTEEN DAYS WITHOUT A HEAD way back when the opening chapter was selected as a winner of Undiscovered Voices 2010. As a fellow UV winner (The first chapter of SOMEONE ELSE’S LIFE was chosen for the 2008 anthology) I was lucky enough to receive a copy of the 2012 edition, with its sneak peeks of the next exciting generation of talented authors.

Since then, I’ve met and become friends with the very lovely Dave Cousins, and we’ve formed THE EDGE – a group of eight Edgy YA authors – and you’d think being friends with the author would get you an advance copy, but no! – demand has been so great that his publisher ran out of advance copies!

Consequently my anticipation has grown exponentially! Then came the explosion of rave reviews – The Sunday Times, The Bookseller, bloggers everywhere extolling the genius, the humour, the heart of this wonderful book. And I finally got my hands on a shiny red copy.

But still I haven’t started reading it. Why? Because just now I’m a bit of a headless (get it?) chicken rushing round organising book launches and writing lovely guest blogs and interviews and all the lovely things that surround the publication of your first book, and I know that when I read Dave’s book I want to be able to sit down and savour it, to take my time and enjoy every line.

This is going to be a read to remember.

Check the blurb out here
-
 Chosen by 
Katie Dale, Author of Someone Else’s Life
Published by Simon & Schuster February 2012 

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's going to be a good book! :)
    Here's mineLouisa @ Words I Write Crazy Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's awesome that you got an author to choose a book for this feature! I love that!

    This certainly sounds like a great read.

    Mine is THERE YOU'LL FIND ME by Jenny B Jones

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great book!

    Here's the book that I've got languishing: http://theaussiezombie.blogspot.com/2012/02/time-will-come-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This does sound like a good book- there's never enough time in the day is there?!

    Sally's Time Will Come #50

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book won't take too long to read because you won't be able to put it down. I WON a signed copy from the author himself - and it is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult