11.2.12

*Review* : A Beautiful Evil By Kelly Keaton

A Beautiful Evil (Gods & Monsters #2)  A Beautiful Evil - Kelly Keaton
Series : #2 Gods and Monsters
Released : 2nd February 2012
Publisher :  Simon and Schuster
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)|Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
A power she can’t deny. A destiny she’s determined to fight.
When Ari first arrived in the dilapidated city of New 2, all she wanted was to figure out who she was. But what she discovered was beyond her worst nightmare. Ari can already sense the evil growing inside her—a power the goddess Athena will stop at nothing to possess.
Desperate to hold on to her humanity and protect her loved ones, Ari must fight back. But Athena’s playing mind games, not just with Ari but with those she cares about most. And Athena has a very special plan for the brooding and sexy Sebastian.
Ari is determined to defeat Athena, but time is running out. With no other options, Ari must unleash the very thing she’s afraid of: herself.



 .................................... My Thoughs  ....................................
In Short 
- A Beautiful Evil is definitely action packed with lots of twists in
- I love how Kelly challenged her characters 
- The characters and their relationships grew stronger in this book
-   I do feel that this could have been rounded off nicely without needing a 3rd in the series
- I would have loved for Kelly to just go over what happened in Darkness Becomes Her

In Long
I have to admit that I sadly didn’t remember much from Darkness Becomes Her but I did remember that I loved it so I was very excited to read A Beautiful Evil. A Beautiful Evil didn’t really recap much from Darkness Becomes Her which sadly meant it took a while for everything to come back to me. But it did! Slowly I started to remember things and the more I remembered the more I got into the book.

The main thing I love about this book is the twists and turns throughout it. Keaton did an amazing job at keeping my attention throughout most of the book and I was surprised constantly by twists which I didn’t expect. I also love how Keaton doesn’t seem to hold much back. She puts her characters through a very hard time and it left me feeling shocked and very sorry for poor Ari. But I really liked that Kelly dares to go that little bit further than most authors do and push her characters to the limit.

The characters got stronger in this book as well as the relationships. I enjoyed getting to know Ari more in this book although I didn’t find myself becoming any fonder of her. I can’t really say much about any of the other characters as I sadly couldn’t place them due to not being able to remember them from the previous book. I would have loved for Keaton to just go over who they are in a subtle way.

I don’t know if there is going to be a third in this series, the ending makes me think there is but this kind of puts me off this book. I found that although I enjoyed this book a lot the actual story could have ended after A Darkness Becomes Her and it can definitely end with A Beautiful Evil. I feel like Keaton has took her characters as far as they can go and has tested them as much as possible.

Final Thoughts
I did enjoy A Beautiful Evil, it’s action packed with twists throughout the book which will keep you guessing what’s going to happen next for the whole book. I do feel that this book could have been rounded up nicely but I am guessing it’s been left open for the 3rd in the series. I don’t feel too excited about reading a 3rd in the series as I feel everything has happened that needs to. I am sure I would read the 3rd though and hope that Keaton would blow me away.

6 comments:

  1. AMAZING REVIEW! I havn't read the 2 books yet, but I really want to!

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting... I didn't realize this was a 2nd book... I'll have to relook into the first.
    Thanks for review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review Jodie and thanks for lending it to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic review, Jodie. This one sounds really great. It's definitely something that I want to pick up now, but I'll have to read the first book first :)

    I just wanted to say that I LOVE your blog theme - so cute. ^.^

    Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page
    Drop by & enter my International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the first in this series on my shelf to read, but I have to admit that I didn't know it was going to be a series. It sounds like I should shuffle it a bit nearer to the top of my tbr pile! I was a little confused with your short version tho as it seems to mention a different book?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - Yes sorry! I seem to have mixed it up with another review when coping it over. Apologises! - Sorting it out now =)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult