23.10.18

*Review* Scars and Silk #1 By Rose Harper

Scars and Silk by Rose Harper
Released : 23rd October 2018
Publisher: Rose Publishing 
Format : E Book
Source : Book Tour
Buy : Amazon
Overall rating
Photobucket

.... The Blurb  ...

She nearly ruined him. Now she needs him to save her.

It was supposed to be a simple protection job.
Or, at least, that’s what Gavino Calvetti thinks until it’s too late.
But he soon finds out this job is far from normal.
It’s quite suicidal, in fact.

The little “Sky” he is in charge of protecting is the same one he’d soon rather see dead.
She nearly ruined him.
Nearly ripped him away from his familia.
She cost him dozens of scars,
Years of regret,
And an underlining hatred for anything related to her.

His brothers always hint about his scarred flesh,
But they never understand the reason he keeps his lips sealed.

Now she needs him to save her life,
But the question still remains …

Which man should she be afraid of?

The man she’s running from,
Or the man she’s racing toward?


.... My Thoughts   ...
In Short
 Scars and Silk is a very quick read.
- Fast paced and full of 'omg' moments.
-So much I want to know!   

In Long
This is a hard book for me to review because its such a short one therefore everything I would normally review a book on, such as the depth of the characters , wouldn’t be fair to judge this book on as there isn't the time as such. At the same time it needs to be a fair review. So here it goes.

Scars and Silk is fast paced, I mean action packed and full of ‘omg’ moments that doesn’t let up. Maybe this made the book seem even shorter as it went so quickly and I felt disappointed it had ended. Guess that means the author achieved what she would want to as i want to read more.  

There is so much I want to know. I feel like we know nothing but yet it was enough to keep me wanting and needing more. Gavino is a complete mystery and definitely isn’t a lovable character but I feel he has the potential to show another side of his character which as a reader i would definitely love to see.   Oh and I totally just saw this is part of a series which I definitely want to read. This book will definitely leave you wanting more.

Final Thoughts

I am excited for this series and to find out everything I am desperate to know. I feel this book set up the rest of the series nicely. 

Find Rose Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult