19.10.18

*Review* Divine Hart by Heather Shere

Divine Hart by Heather Shere
Series : No
Released : 8th October 2018
Publisher: Self Published
Format : E Book
Source : Book Tour
Buy : Amazon
Overall rating

 .... The Blurb  ....
Being a poor kid in a rich town was tough. When you're a skater boy from a dusty trailer park, they see you as nothing more than a desert rat. Despite this, Preston Hart knew what he wanted…she was his world. But could he ever be the man she deserved? He didn't believe he was worthy. That was his weakness and weaknesses could be exploited. When he was offered the chance to make something of his life, he knew the cost might be too high. But faced with losing everything he held dear, he took the helping hand; however, everything comes at price and Preston paid dearly. 
Being a rich girl in a rich town should have been easy. But when you’re the daughter of an influential businessman who traded your silver spoon for his belt buckle, money couldn’t buy happiness, it could only buy the makeup to hide the bruises. Despite this, Skye Divine had found her solace…he was her world. But he abandoned her when she needed him most and without him, she faced a choice: run for her life or stay in the desert and die.

She’d made it this far on her own and while her life might be falling apart, she’d rather be homeless and starving than go back home. But when her luck finally runs out, she may be left with no option. 

Then two worlds unexpectedly collide and this time? The tables have turned.

 ... My Thoughts   ...
In Short
- I liked how you started in the past and it sets up the rest of the book.
- I enjoyed Heather's writing and would like to read more by her.
- I felt it lacked some humph.  

In Long
At the beginning of the book you are in the past which sets up for the rest of the book.
I really enjoyed how in depth this was and seeing what happened to lead to where they were. I was really surprised when it then went to current times to see where Skye and Preston were with a few twists and turns.

I can't really pin point why but I wasn't really able to connect with Skye. I felt like even though we slowly learned about her past and what she had been through I didn't really know her as a person or her personality traits. I would have loved to see her with her friends more as I felt that was when she showed her character more and she shined as a character.

Preston, I felt, had a bit more depth to him and I liked his character. His a sweet guy who I loved seeing with his mum and reading about their relationship. 

The book was ok paced although maybe a little slow in the middle where I felt in a few places suspense could have been added but it never really came. My favourite scenes are the ones where they are with their friends, I would have loved to have got to know their friends more beyond just the initial things you learn about side characters.

Final Thoughts
I enjoyed Divine Hart, I just would have loved a bit more suspense and humph. I enjoyed Heather's writing however and would definitely read more by her.

Find Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult