23.3.19

*Review* Delivered by Eva Charles

Released :  21st March 2019
Publisher: Self Published 
Format : E Book
Source : Book Tour
Buy : Amazon
Overall rating
Photobucket

.... The Blurb  ...


I'm the devil's spawn.
The son of evil incarnate.
The heir to corruption and depravity.

Gabrielle Duval once belonged to me. And whether she likes it or not, she's destined to be mine again. What will it take to lure this luscious woman back into my bed? A deal with the devil himself, of course.

My name is JD Wilder, and this is the story of how I reclaim what's mine.

.... My Thoughts   ...
In Short
 Although the first half was slow the second half really picked up and unravelled.
-  I loved JD and his interactions with secondary characters.
- I wasn't able to bond much more with Gabrielle. 

In Long
Delivered has left me feeling really conflicted when it comes to my feelings and how to write my review. This book is pretty much spilt in half for me when it comes to rating. The first half would probably be 3 stars and the second half would be 4 stars, hence my rating of 3.5 stars.

First off the book grabbed me pretty quickly. I loved how there wasn't dragging anything out and things started where they were left. That said things really slowed down quite quickly and for the first 55% I found the book just didn't keep my attention. 

I struggled to bond with Gabrielle in Depraved and sadly I found the same in Delivered, mainly the first half. I could understand her grief and that people deal with it differently but I found her actions really vague and didn't get her at all. Second half I started to like her a lot more. 

I really like JD, he keeps you on your toes throughout the book and his actions are pretty unpredictable. His interactions with other characters, especially Smith, totally won my heart over. I loved their banter.

As I said above, the story line is pretty slow the first half and it didn't grab me at all. That said, the second half made the wait worth it and the story really unravelled. 

Final Thoughts
Delivered has left me with mixed feeling but over all I enjoyed reading the conclusion to this duet. 

Find Eva Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult