7.2.13

The Time Will Come #91

-
The Time Will Come - 
Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!
I got emailed about this book and asked to review it. I was honest and stated I was really unsure about it and didn't think it was my sort of book, however would be happy to give it a go. 
Any way I received it for review and had a flick through it, I was really intrigued.  There isn't really any other books out there like this and I was hoping to give it a go.
Any way it got added to my shelf and I haven't yet had the chance to pick it up. I know people either seem to hate or love it, hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised, those are the best type of books!



The Blurb
A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. And a strange collection of very curious photographs. It all waits to be discovered in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, an unforgettable novel that mixes fiction and photography in a thrilling reading experience. As our story opens, a horrific family tragedy sets sixteen-year-old Jacob journeying to a remote island off the coast of Wales, where he discovers the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. As Jacob explores its abandoned bedrooms and hallways, it becomes clear that the children who once lived here - one of whom was his own grandfather - were more than just peculiar. They may have been dangerous. They may have been quarantined on a desolate island for good reason. And somehow - impossible though it seems - they may still be alive

1 comment:

  1. I read this book along with my book club. Before that, it was recommended to me by a few people. I wasn't too sure about it prior to reading it. Many members of the club loved it. I wasn't one of those people, and I didn't hate it either. I will say that I'm glad that I read it with other people because it definitely made for some interesting discussions. I bet you will find a lot to share in your review whether you loved it or not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult