2.2.13

*Review* Naked Angel by Logan Belle

Naked Angel  (The Blue Angel series, #3)Naked Angel - Logan Belle
Released : 15th November 2012
Publisher: Canvas Books
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher (Thank you!)
Buy : Amazon Paperback (UK/USA)/Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Naked Angel is the third book in an erotic romance trilogy inspired by the burlesque clubs of New York and Los Angeles. The novels are about an ordinary woman who discovers herself - and her sexuality - through the world of burlesque. It's the biggest night of Mallory Dale's life. She's unveiling her sexy new burlesque club, The Painted Lady, and her boyfriend has a thrilling surprise for her. Alec is ready to propose, and he does it in her favourite place - onstage. But can she give up her boas in the name of happily ever after?

Mallory isn't the only one torn between bliss onstage and off. Ballerina Nadia Grant has hung up her toe shoes, now she's perfecting the art of the striptease and whips the crowd at The Painted Lady into a frenzy. But one man is outraged, and it's the man Nadia loves. Meanwhile, the club's financial benefactor is endangering everything he holds dear when he begins a sizzling affair with a young costume designer. Just when they're so close to having it all, will the stars of The Painted Lady lose everything?


 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- I still struggled to bond with Mallory which made me not enjoy Naked Angel as much as I would have liked.  
- The storyline has great potential but for me there wasn't any spark. 
- I got into the last 100 pages and was intrigued to see how the story would end.  
- I felt content when I put the book down and felt this series finished nicely. 

In Long
Naked Angel is the 3rd in the Blue Angel series and follows directly on from Fallen Angel. However as in Fallen Angel there are a few new characters in Naked Angel. I kind of felt this could be a good or bad thing from my side of things. Although it did add to the story it emphasized how I felt about the rest of the characters and that is the lack of bond I felt with them. Through all three books I just haven’t been able to get an connection to Mallory. I didn't feel there is much to her personality, she never made me laugh and I found her quite bland. I just didn't feel she had much to give to the book. Alec, Mallory’s boyfriend, is a better developed character, I could see what was attractive about him and why Mallory liked him. However I never really swooned over him or fell for him.

The story line in the Naked Angel had good potential, I really liked the idea of it and at a few points I got into it. I just felt it missed that spark, the wow factor. I never struggled to put the book down and at certain points it really dragged.

Towards the end I got into the book, although I was never shocked by what happened I was able to get into the storyline more and enjoyed finding out what was going to happen. I found it refreshing how Logan didn't make the characters life easy, it wasn't a typical story where everything goes right and I liked that, it was refreshing.


Final Thoughts
Naked Angel is a good end to this series, I enjoyed the last 100 or so pages especially and felt content when I put the book down. I would have liked for it to be more gripping and some unexpected outcomes but as I said, it was a nice end to the series.

1 comment:

  1. I have not read anything of erotic romance, but it does sound intriguing. Love the idea of the blurb and having to make tough decisions.
    GREAT review, hun
    Your reader,
    Soma
    http://insomnia-of-books.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult