7.3.11

Welcome CJ (Author of Rockoholic) to Books for Company

Claire very kindly offered to answer from quick fire questions on Books for Company!

Claire is a UK author of two books, both of which sound like such fun reads!


The first book by Claire that was out in March last year is called 'Pretty Bad Things' and a hardcover for this book is coming out in July this year, l love both covers. l think the July cover is perfect for the summer and the March one makes the book look very 'alive!'
Rockoholic
Another fun looking cover the the blurb? This sounds like such a great read! The only reviews l have seen on this are positive so it is definitely a book to check out!
.
.
Find out more about the books here -
.
And finally, welcome to Books for Company - Claire/CJ! =)


A book you have been meaning/wanting to read for a while? 
I’ve got loads of graphic novels that I have bought and they’re just sitting on my shelves, still in the wrappers, so probably one of those. I’ve read most of the Fables graphic novels, but I think I’ve had Number 10 in the wrapper for quite a while, so probably that one.

Favourite book? 
Probably The Madolescents by Chrissie Glazebrook. I found it in a bargain bucket when I was about 23 and it was the best reading experience I’ve ever had. I laughed, cried, empathised and wanted to be that main character. I’ve probably been trying to emulate that experience in my own writing ever since.

What would you if you found out there won't be internet after today?
Die. Or Google ‘What to do in the event there won’t be internet after today.’

Would you change anything about your books?
Nope.


 
At a
n Odeon which arm rest is yours?
Both or neither. No half measures for me

If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
 Japan

How do you spoil yourself?
 I eat bread and watch TV whilst not typing.

Movie or Books?
Books.

Night Owl or Early Bird?
Night owl. But because I have to get up early for work, I have to go to bed early too which means my brain is always racing and it takes me ages to get off to sleep.

Book or TV? 
Book. There’s very little good stuff on TV at the moment, and when Being Human finishes there will be one less

Paperback or Hardback books?
 Paperback. Though reading a hardback does make me feel intelligent

Thank you SO much for joining us Claire, l loved your answers and it was great fun!
Make sure to check out both of Claire's books.

8 comments:

  1. This author seems so nice and fun !! I'm definitely going to check out her books (especially Pretty Bad Things) !! Thank you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I'd love to go to Japan too! Plus, I actually don't think I could live without the internet. I love the cover of both books - lovely interview, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funnest interview ever! I love those book covers and the author's personality is energetic and infectious.

    Now I want to eat bread while googling ‘What to do in the event there won’t be internet after today.’

    Gonna go look up these books. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm.. not out in the U.S. yet, but I've now got them on my wishlist. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the answer to the 'no internet' question and the 'paperback or hardback' one(:
    Ooooh- the cover of Rock-oholic is great!
    Thanks for this :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Elodie - Claire is lovely!! =) Glad you enjoyed this post, l love it too!

    @Liz Japan is an interesting choice! l think it would be great to visit =) Oh l so couldn't live without the net!

    @Missie - Aw l am so glad you loved it! CJ answers are so great =)
    LOL! They were great answers ;)
    Aww no, l didn't know that! Hope you get a copy soon though.

    @ Ria - Haha me too! Such great answers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, I think I'd probably google "What to do if there was no Internet" too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Missie - The US edition of Rockoholic will be out Summer 2012, but the good news is that Pretty Bad Things will be published July 2011. So not too long to wait!!! Go to Chicken House UK Facebook Page to have a look at the US vs UK Covers for PBT and let us know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult