31.3.11

The Time Will Come #11

Posting it a bit early! (Thursday feature)
My new meme/feature - 
Basically every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are all books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! Or even a book you have had on your shelf for a while but aren't sure about.
.
Other 'The Time Will Come' Posts -
#1  #2  #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10
.
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)Dead Until Dark - Charlaine Harris 
Yes, you have not gone mad. l have NOT read this series. 
l kinda brought nearly the whole series of books before even reading the first to see if l liked them BUT l know how popular this series is and how many thousands of people love this series so how could l know? It did end up only being £1 each because l brought them in a set.
Anyway l actually have this as a 2011 challenge but l think l may sadly fail it =( It is a big series and as l haven't read ANY of them l think reading the whole series is a bit of a trick challenge when l have so many books to read. I haven't really read many vampire books and l have loved the ones l have so l very much not yet bored of them!

Let me know if you read this series/book and also add your links if you join in!
The linky is removed after 2 weeks. 

5 comments:

  1. I have never read anything by Charlaine Harris .. but I've heard her True Blood series was pretty awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read this series either but so many people love these books and it sounds like you got a bargain.
    I'm the same with a long series- I'm too daunted to start them when my reading pile is so huge already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me neither :-0 we wre so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are all keepers for me and I always pre-order thr next one as soon as I can. I love Sookie and have a bit of a crush on Eric. They are really quick and easy to read so don't worry about the time it'll take to read them. I sometimes re-read my favourites in an evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've only read the first one so far. I bought them all from The Book People when they had a special offer on for the set.

    I watched the first series on tv and really liked it so got the books. Have to say that if I hadn't seen the series fist I probably wouldn't have liked the book. The only reason I was able to get into it was because I could 'see' and 'hear' the characters from watching the show, but the story itself didn't really grab me.
    The book is only similar to the show though, it's not a straight translation. I'll be reading the others though... probably....sometime :O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult