20.8.18

*Review* Destroyed by Pepper Winters

Destroyed by Pepper Winters
Series : No
Released : 7th March 2014
Publisher: Self Published
Format : E Book
Source : Kindle Unlimited
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket


 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
She has a secret.

I’m complicated. Not broken or ruined or running from a past I can’t face. Just complicated.

I thought my life couldn’t get any more tangled in deceit and confusion. But I hadn’t met him. I hadn't realized how far I could fall or what I'd do to get free.

He has a secret.

I’ve never pretended to be good or deserving. I chase who I want, do what I want, act how I want.

I didn’t have time to lust after a woman I had no right to lust after. I told myself to shut up and stay hidden. But then she tried to run. I’d tasted what she could offer me and damned if I would let her go.

One secret destroys them.



 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- A whirlwind of emotions.
- Pepper Winters is  just my favourite author.
- Twisted and crazy. 

In Long
Wow. Honestly don't know how to put into words what a whirlwind of emotions this book put me through. I even found myself crying at one point which is actually rare for me with a book. I pretty much only cry at movies with animals (True story!).

I feel like Pepper has set such high standards with her previous books i now have high expectations from her every time i read one of hers. She is yet to not pleasantly surprise me and this book was as addictive and soul gripping as the others. 

Without fail Pepper creates characters which come across so strongly they become real to me. I found myself thinking about Fox whenever i was reading 'Destroyed' and just wanted to pick it back up to know Fox more. He is one complicated and 'messed up' character but then that's what Pepper does so well! Hazel intrigues me because she almost has two different sides to her so despite Fox being the complicated character she almost took longer to get to know. 

Although i really would like to read more of Fox i feel that 'Destroyed' wrapped up nicely and the ending left me feeling satisfied and complete. 

Final Thoughts
I really enjoyed Destroyed, reading Fox and Hazels story and seeing them together. Its dark, addictive and full of fury. 

*New to Reviews*
Quotes
“I swear I could live a thousand fucking years and not deserve you.”

~
“He smashed all my reservations that he couldn’t give me what I desired and proved love could change anyone—no matter how destroyed.”
~
“Her touch shattered me. Her touch awoke me. Her touch destroyed me.
” 

Find Pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult