6.4.14

*Review* Throttle Me by Chelle Bliss

Throttle Me (Men of Inked, #1)Throttle Me by Chelle Bliss
Series : #1 Men of Inked
Released : 31st March 2014
Publisher: 
Format : E book
Source : Review
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Suzy’s a control freak and has her life mapped out - work hard, find a man with a stable job, and live happily ever after. She’s content with the status quo, but her plan comes to a screeching halt when he enters her life and turns it upside down.

City gave up on love when his heart was crushed in college, preferring to be the typical bachelor. He spends his nights hopping from one bed to another and his days working at his family tattoo shop, Inked. A chance encounter on a dark road makes him question what he had sworn off forever – a relationship.

A night of passion and lust causes them to question everything. Is City the knight in shining armor to the damsel in distress? Can their relationship survive when a fantasy falls apart and a secret comes out that changes everything?



 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- Throttle Me didn't live up to my hopes and exceptions. 
- The characters had both good and annoying traits.
- I finished Throttle Me with very mixed feelings.  

In Long
I'm so gutted that I can't give Throttle Me a 4 star review. There were many things which made this book a 4 star but a few things let it down which I think made it not quite a 4 star for me!

The characters were both very likeable with their own personalities. However they both irritated me in ways which I couldn't get past or ignore. City used the name Sugar way too much and it irritated me to hell and made certain situations totally cringe worthy! Suzy was a nice character but really foolish at some points and sometimes her stupidness was a bit over the top and naive.
Putting those things aside I really liked them both and enjoyed spending the time with them, especially City. I loved that he was a family man.

The writing wasn't always to a high a standard which other part of the books set it up to be and in a few scenes I really felt let down that a possible really good scene was over in two pages. It really should have been extended which could have meant slower parts of the book were erased.



Maybe I feel this way because the writing style wasn't for me. I definitely feel if it had been then this book would be more 4 or even 4.5 stars. I definitely recommend trying this yourself! 
Final Thoughts
Throttle Me left me with really mixed emotions. Books which usually get below 4 stars are ones I am able to put down and forget about. I was able to put this down but I did find myself thinking about City and Suzy throughout the day and their story.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult