14.4.14

*Review* Tangled by Emma Chase

Tangled (Tangled, #1)
Released : January 2014
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
When rich, handsome, and arrogant meets beautiful, brilliant, and ambitious, things are bound to get tangled
Drew Evans makes multimillion-dollar business deals and seduces New York's most beautiful women with just a smile. So why has he been shuttered in his apartment for seven days, miserable and depressed? He'll tell you he has the flu, but we all know that's not really true.
When Katherine Brooks is hired as the new associate at Drew's father's investment banking firm, every aspect of the dashing playboy's life is thrown into a tailspin. The professional competition she brings is unnerving, his attraction to her is distracting, his failure to entice her into his bed is exasperating.
How can one woman turn a smooth-talking player into a broken, desperate man? By making the one thing he never wanted in life the only thing he can't live without.


 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- Tangled is a refreshing and addictive read.
- It will have you laughing out loud. 
- Being written from the males pov is so addictive and unique. 

In Long
I constantly see and read posts which say things like ‘If you liked Fifty Shades of Grey read this’ or ‘Liked Fifty Shades? You will love this!’ Don't get me wrong, I’m not saying these type of posts don’t help you find new books, as they do. However they also give a false impression of the book. This then means the book doesn't get a name for itself and is instead just ‘a book like Fifty Shades’. I have heard Tangled compared to it a few times and after finishing Tangled I can honestly say it deserves to have a name for itself and most definitely stands on its own two feet!
Tangled start’s with the cheeky and hot cover and just carries on getting hotter and more addictive from there. I was swept up into the world of Drew from the first few lines; it’s such a strong start to the book, I straight away fell in love with his character.  
Hot, Addictive, Cheeky, Charming, Sexy.....I can just imagine him with that lopsided cheeky grin. Getting a bit hot over here!
Katherine really reminded me of myself in some ways and I guess that naturally makes me like her just because I understand her that much more. She is also a very genuine character with so many good traits (That might be where we differ, haha)
Tangled is so refreshing, I loved having it from Drew's point of view, authors rarely write from the males POV and I loved every second. Time with Drew just flew by and I craved more every time I had to put the book down. 


Final Thoughts
Emma made everything about Tangled perfect and more. The way she made Drew come alive, his such a typical but real guy. I don’t know how, as women, she created such a strong and believable male character. Hats off to you Emma, Tangled hit all the right spots and more!
Tangled will have you blushing, laughing, addicted, smiling, drooling and just obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult