20.4.14

Author Interview with Brigid Kemmerer

Storm (Elemental, #1)
Author Interview with Brigid Kemmerer
Thanks for taking my time to answer my questions Brigid and stop by Books for Company

-Storm is a paranormal read. Is this something you would pick up yourself? 
Absolutely!! I personally love contemporary YA, but I like being able to explore extraordinary abilities, so I tried to incorporate elements of both into the Merrick brothers' stories. While there's a lot of action and adventure, at its core, the series is about a group of brothers trying to figure out who they are.

- Is there a book or writer you would say influenced any part of Storm or your style of writing?
I'm not sure anyone specifically influenced my writing. I'm drawn to strong characters, like those found in books by Simone Elkeles, Sarah Fine, and Charlaine Harris.

- How do you 'go about' creating your characters? Do you find they grow as you write or are you more planned when it comes to their character and personality?
I throw them on the page and see what they do! Sometimes I'll start with a scenario in mind, and I just see where the character takes me. When I do school visits, I tell people that the best way (for me) to figure out what a character is all about is to throw them into peril immediately. Give them a choice, and give them some high stakes. From there, it's pretty clear what their personality is going to be. Storm would have been a very different book if Becca had run back into the school to get help.

- Becca ; a very lucky or very unlucky girl to become involved with these brothers?

Lucky!! I'd love to hang out with the Merricks.

- Favorite section of the book and hardest to write? (Beginning, Middle etc)
The middle is almost always the hardest to write for me. Not because I get bored or lose track of what's going on, but because the middle is where I start to doubt myself. My husband has gotten to the point where I start saying, "I think this book is total crap..." and he rolls his eyes and points to my laptop and says something supportive like, "Shut up and write your way out of it." :-)


Find Brigid 

Buy Storm
Amazon (UK/USA)
Book Depository

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult