20.2.14

*Review* - The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson By Paige Toon

The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson (Jessie Jefferson #1)
Released : 30th January 2014
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
The first YA fiction novel, from the bestselling adult author Paige Toon.
Meet Jessie, the daughter of Johnny Jefferson, as featured in Johnny Be Good and Baby Be Mine…
My fifteenth birthday was the worst day of my life, and it's inconceivable to think that any single day in my future will ever be as bad. My mum was killed in a freak accident on her way to pick up my cake. Even when there was still no sign of her after two hours later, and my friends started to arrive at our house, it never occurred to me that she wouldn't be coming back.
That was six months ago. My mum died without telling me who my real dad was. And for a while I hated her for it. I thought she's taken the secret of my father's identity with her forever. But she didn't. Holy hell, she didn't. Because three weeks ago I found out the truth. And I'm still reeling from the shock of it. My dad is none other than Johnny Jefferson, mega famous rock star and one-time serial womaniser. And now I'm on my way to LA to meet him and his family.
My tiny little world has just got a whole lot bigger…


 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- This is an addictive and well paced book.
- Paige Toon really went above my exceptions with her writing charm.
- I really didn't want to have to leave Jessie's world when I finished reading. 

In Long
I have heard many great things about Paige Toon and have since wanted to read a book by her. After finishing and adoring The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson I couldn't believe I had left it so long to read a book by her.

Paige's style of writing is one which makes you relax into the book really easily and quickly. It's one which makes you, as the reader, really feel like your there with the characters. So many times I found myself completely lost in Jessie's world, I never wanted to put the book down. I once even woke up to find I had fallen asleep reading because, despite having been so tired, I didn't want to put it down.

There is a sort of charm about Toon's writing and characters which drew me in right from the beginning. Jessie is really likeable despite her attitude; I mean what teenage isn't like her at some point? I actually admired how she handled the situation and different things she had to overcome.

I can't compare Paige's chick lit books to this YA book as I haven't read any of her other books. However I can tell you,without a doubt, that Paige has written an addictive YA book which is well paced and addictive not just at the end but throughout the book.


Final Thoughts
I finished The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson with mixed emotions. The lovely satisfied feeling after finishing an amazing book but also closed the book with a feeling of disappointment that I had finished and had to leave Jessie's world. FOR NOW!

I used Grammarly to check my Grammar 

5 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult