18.1.14

Author Interview with Emma Jomes

Please welcome Emma to Books for Company.
Emma is the author of The Awakening, a YA Paranormal read.
Emma   Jones

What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?
Meet Lauren and Gavin who fall in love to weird and life altering consequences.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I’ve always loved the vampire genre and the idea came to me after seeing the influx of American books like Twilight and Vampire Diaries. Whilst I loved Twilight I found Bella’s character a little annoying and wasn’t keen on the whole vampire sparkling idea! However I loved Edward and Jacob. I thought it would be nice to have a few UK versions emerge and I wanted to put a modern spin on the genre.

What genre does your book fall under?
YA (Young Adult). Paranormal romance.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your book?
A long time ha ha! It began about 4 years ago when I was on maternity leave and was finished July 2012. I did abandon it for over a year inbetween.

What inspired you to write this book?
My love of reading and a desire to do something entirely for myself. In the early days when writing was just a hobby I could get lost in it. I also hope my children will be proud when they are older. My daughter already thinks it’s amazing I have a book available on my kindle.



This Or That
Winter or summer? Definitely summer
EBook or paperback? If you’d asked me 12 months ago I would of said paperback but since having my kindle (which I love and have to fight the kids for) its eBook all the way.
Favourite food? That’s a toughie. Maybe a good roast dinner in the winter and nice burger on the BBQ in the summer.
Sporty or couch potato? Couch potato. Ooops!
Cook or be cooked for?
I am the cook in our house so it’s nice to be cooked for.

Find Emma

Buy The Awakening
Amazon (UK/USA)

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult