31.12.12

My Top 5 Reads of 2012

Here is my top 5 books of 2012.
There are many other books I really enjoyed this year but these 5 just stand out to me. 
5
Time Between Us - Tamara Ireland Stone
Time Between Us
This is one of those books where I was able to really connect to and like the characters, those are my favourite sort of books! A gripping book which had me addicted from page one. 
Quote from my review :
The storyline along with the characters definitely add up to make this a great well rounded book with an addictive storyline as well as great characters. Time Between Us is a sweet and heart warming book about a romance which possibly shouldn't have existed but is unmistakably right. I would not have known this was a debut book for Tamara if I hadn't read it, I hope she brings more books out soon, I will definitely be reading them.

4

Divergent - Veronica Roth
Divergent (Divergent, #1)Doesn't everyone love this book? I was a bit behind on reading this, everyone was raving about it and I still hadn't read it. I soon realised I was really missing out and picked it up. 
I straight away fell in love with it. This is why I love books so much, because they can take you to another world, a world you have never even considers but straight away become absorbed in. Veronica, you are a very creative and talented author and I am so glad I read all the positive reviews which lead me to read this book. 
Quote from my review :
I didn't actually write a review for this one. Sorry! 


3
Trafficked: The Terrifying True Story of a British Girl Forced into the Sex Trade This is totally out of my 'comfort zone' when it comes to reading. I never usually read or can get into non fiction which is a true story. This was completely different. It was written in the way a story is wrote and that made it much easier for me to get into. It's a gripping and heart breaking read. I had to keep reminding myself it's real. 
Quote from my review :
I can’t imagine how much strength it must have taken for Sophie to relive this dreadful part of her life but because of her bravery her raw emotion came across so clearly in the book that I just hope and pray that more people read Sophie’s story and more people become aware that this can happen to anyone.

2
Pushing The Limits  - Katie McGarry
Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)I have to admit I never expected to fall in love with this book like I did. It was one of those amazing books which pleasantly surprised me. It even had me in tears at one point which shows how amazing it is. 
Quote from my review :
Pushing The Limits is both a heart warming but heart wrenching book at the same time. So many emotions are ‘flying’ around at the same time I found myself feeling the emotions that the characters were feeling and even crying at a certain scene. Such a beautiful story about two well developed characters whose stories will have you feeling so many different feelings.



My Top Read/s of 2012! 
I am kinda cheating in putting all three here but I can't choose between them! Nope, you won't make me! You understand ;)
Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades, #2)Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades, #3)
My Status Updates (On Goodreads)
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
Totally fallen for Mr Grey!!!!
I AM LOST WITHOUT THIS SERIES!!!!!!! =(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I just don't have any words for how addicted I became to this series and to this day I still don't understand why.. 

7 comments:

  1. Oooh I'm so happy you liked Time Between Us! I just got a copy from the library and can't wait to read it. Divergent and Pushing The Limits were awesome too! Great list :)

    -Jessica (Peace Love Books)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you enjoy it as much as me! =)
      Thanks for stopping by =)

      Delete
  2. Time Between Us is AMAZING!!!! I loved that book sooooo much :D It was definitely one of my favorite reads of 2012!!

    Anna
    Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it too! =)
      I hope I can find more books like in it 2013 =)
      Thanks for stopping by =)

      Delete
  3. I loved Pushing the Limits! It's such a great, great book! I loved it.

    I have yet to read all the others though.

    Check out my End of Year Book Survey post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an amazing read, I became so wrapped up in it =)
      Thanks for stopping by =)

      Delete
  4. Great choices, Pushing the Limits definitely made my favourites list as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult