23.10.10

Lauren Oliver - Before l fall

Before I Fall
Started : 16th September 2010
Finished : 22nd September 2010
Rating : 3/5

The Blurb :
Sam Kingston is dead. Except she isn't.
On a rainy February night, eighteen-year-old Sam is killed in a horrific car crash. But then the impossible happens: she wakes up in her own bed, on the morning of the day that she died.
Forced to live over and over the last day of her life the drive to school, skipping class, the fateful party she desperately struggles to alter the outcome, but every morning she wakes up on the day of the crash.
This is a story of a girl who dies young, but in the process learns how to live. And who falls in love... a little too late.
My Review :
This book was very different from what l have expected, l think l was a little bit disappointed at the beginning Sam wasn't an older character but as you read the book this works out well as this book is all about a young girl learning and maturing which makes the book both emotional and inspiring.
It took around 100 pages for me to get into this book but after that l started to enjoy it more, l felt this was because of understanding Sam as a character more and her reasons for doing things. The ending is the best part for me and didn't let it down at all, just a shame it took so long for me to get into it.
A heart warming book which definitely makes you think.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry you find it to be slow in the beginning. I can see what you mean though. =)
    I love Laurens writing style, she puts a lot of description in which I LOVEE!
    I actually read and reviewed this on my blog too!
    Perhaps, If you have time, you could check out my blog?
    Thanks!
    http://lovelylilbookworm.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Liddy, will check out your blog =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult