26.10.10

Sophie Kinsella - Can You Keep a Secret?

Can You Keep a Secret?
Started : 22nd October 2010
Finished : 25th October 2010
Rating : 2/5

The Blurb :
Emma is like every girl in the world. She has a few little secrets. Secrets from her mother: 1.I lost my virginity in the spare bedroom to Danny Nussbaum while Mum and Dad were downstairs watching Ben Hur. ...From her boyfriend: 2. I'm a size twelve. Not a size eight, like Connor thinks. 3. I've always thought Connor looks a bit like Ken. As in Barbie and Ken. ...From her colleagues: 4. When Artemis really annoys me, I feed her plant orange juice. (Which is pretty much every day) 5. It was me who jammed the copier that time. In fact, all the times. ...Secrets she wouldn't share with anyone in the world: 6. My G string is hurting me. 7. I faked my Maths GCSE grade on my CV. 8. I have no idea what NATO stands for. Or even what it is... ...until she spills them all to a stranger on a plane. At least, she thought he was a stranger...
My Review :
When l first started reading this l had really high hopes as a big fan of the Shopaholic series this is the first book l have read of hers that wasn't that series. l already knew one main part of it after being told about this book so l found this book didn't have very many surprises which l expect with Sophie's books, the little twists and magic which l have found in Cecelia Ahern's books to which she has been compared.
The main reason l didn't love this book is the predictability, l loved the Shopaholic series so much the predictability didn't bother me too much but l found the main twist in this book was over very early into the book and thought the main character lacked in imagination on Sophie behalf because of her similarities to Becky from Shopaholic series.
Also the main charactered tenancy to say "l will do this and then everything will be perfect" in any situation started to annoy me but then at other times l found her pure 'blondness' funny.The end was a great ending though and have to say the best bit of the book.
Over all it was an ok read but just not up to my high exceptions which l had for Sophie Kinsella

2 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Finda Ayu. I'm a college student of Limkokwing University, Malaysia. I'm now making an essay about chick lit book cover design. What is preferred by female readers and also how powerful a book cover is. It would be nice if I can hear your opinion too by filling up my questionnaire. If you're interested, please send me an email at finda.ayu.w@gmail.com so I can send my questionnaire. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. whats funny is that this is my favorite book by sophie kinsella. I own every single one of her books (HUGE fan), and this had to be my all time favorite. Maybe try reading Remember me? or 20's girl by her. you might like those :D

    The idea of this book was pure awesomeness!! a stranger knowing your deep darkest secrets and ends up being your boss!! LOVE :D

    - juhina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult