13.9.12

The Time Will Come #78

-
The Time Will Come - 
Every Thursday l am going to list a book which l really want to read/keep meaning to get to. These are mostly books which have been on my shelf for awhile now but don't have to be, maybe you got it two weeks ago and really want to read it! 
~
Want to join in?
- Pick a book you have been meaning to read
- Do a post telling us about the book 
- Link the post up in the linky
- Visit the other blogs!
When I received another of Mary Hoopers books called Fallen Grace I read it and really enjoyed it. However I hadn't realised I would enjoy it so much as I don't often like historical books. I then vowed to read more books which I wouldn't normal. When I got Velvet in the post I was really excited to have the chance to read another book by Mary to see whether I enjoyed this was as much (and hoping I did!). 
The blurb never grabbed me as much as the blurb for Fallen Grace did and therefore still haven't got to this one. I will definitely read it one day though as I am pretty sure I will love it! 


The Blurb
Velvet is an orphan. She struggles to make ends meet by working in a steam, laundry, where the work is back-breaking and exhausting. So when she attracts the attention of the glamorous clairvoyant Madame Savoya, she cannot believe her good fortune.

Raised to the status of lady's maid, Velvet is given elegant clothes to wear and is brought to live in a grand house in London. But the longer she works for Madame Savoya, the more she discovers about the mysterious world of a spiritual medium. Velvet soon realises that her employer is not quite what she seems and that this knowledge could put her very life in danger.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I forgot to link up yesterday! Ooops! :(

    Velvet sounds interesting! I haven't read anything by that author, and like you, I'm not a huge fan of historical fiction but I do want to read more of it! I'll have to check out Fallen Grace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ive had Velvet on my shelf since my reviewing days. I'm still not convinced its really for me. Maybe one day I'll get to it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult