13.9.12

*Review* Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1)  Pushing the Limits - Katie McGarry
Released : 31st July 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen (USA)/Mira Ink (UK)
Format : Hardback
Source : Publisher (Harlequin)
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)/Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket


 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.



 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- I became so much more emotional involved in this book than I thought I would. 
- Pushing the Limits has both a great storyline and characters.  
- I fell in love with the main male character very easily. 
- Pushing the Limits is heart warming and heart wrenching. 

In Long
Pushing The Limits really blew my mind away, I have to admit that when I started it I really didn’t expect to become so emotionally involved with this book. It’s the first book to make me cry in a few years and although it may sound stupid I always think a book which makes me cry is a special and well written book!

Pushing The Limits has it all including a great storyline with two characters who are both going through a difficult and tough time in their life. I think this made the book that more intense because both characters were trying to appear strong but anything could ‘break’ them. What I loved even more was having the book from both point of views, one chapters was from Echo’s point of view and the next was Noah’s. This was a massive plus for me and really enabled me to get to know both Echo and Noah enough that I became attached to them and started to care for them as characters.

Noah’s character has so many sides to it which made him feel so real, everyone has different sides to them right? Katie wrote his character in the way where I was able to fall in love with every part of his character; I definitely couldn’t help falling even more for the side of Noah who loved his brothers. His emotions were so raw and he so badly wanted to do good for them.

Echo’s character took a bit more time for me to connect with because she is a hard character who tries to hide her emotions. This wasn’t a negative for me though as I feel it felt more real. As Echo and Noah come together and many different feelings start to arise the book becomes even more emotionally charged.

The storyline isn’t one with massive twists or turns in but yet it still managed to keep me on the ‘edge of my seat’. I was constantly biting my nails while wishing I could read faster to see what was going to happen/develop next. I wished numerous times that I was there at the sides of the characters so I could give them advice.


Final Thoughts
Pushing The Limits is both a heart warming but heart wrenching book at the same time. So many emotions are ‘flying’ around at the same time I found myself feeling the emotions that the characters were feeling and even crying at a certain scene. Such a beautiful story about two well developed characters whose stories will have you feeling so many different feelings.

5 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book so much! One of my favourites of the year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely loved Pushing the Limits, so glad you did as well! Great review!
    World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I both loved this book--it's very good. Here's the link to our review of if if interested: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2012/08/pushing-limits-by-katie-mcgarry.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you can see Im haunting your blog today. Such a long time since I visited any of my favourite blogs :). I bought this one for my kindle recently :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Karen =)
      I hope you enjoy it, it's awesome!! =)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult