20.8.14

*Review* Afterworlds by Scott Westerfled

Afterworlds
Released : 23rd September
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Darcy Patel has put college and everything else on hold to publish her teen novel, Afterworlds. Arriving in New York with no apartment or friends she wonders whether she's made the right decision until she falls in with a crowd of other seasoned and fledgling writers who take her under their wings…

Told in alternating chapters is Darcy's novel, a suspenseful thriller about Lizzie, a teen who slips into the 'Afterworld' to survive a terrorist attack.

But the Afterworld is a place between the living and the dead and as Lizzie drifts between our world and that of the Afterworld, she discovers that many unsolved - and terrifying - stories need to be reconciled. And when a new threat resurfaces, Lizzie learns her special gifts may not be enough to protect those she loves and cares about most.



 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- I love that it's in alternating views.
- Two main characters and two POV makes this story action packed!
- The characters were addictive and real

In Long
Let’s start this review with a few confessions that I am not that proud of!

#1 I haven’t read a book by Scott before. Yes, seriously!!

# 2 I have to admit that the size with Afterworlds scared me a little bit. It’s such a big book that I do often get put off by the size and go for the smaller reads, worried that I will get bored. If you are the same let me ensure you, you most definitely won’t get bored.

Okay, now onto the actual review. I love love love that this book is written from two different characters point of views and it almost felt like two separate books at some points because the characters and their life’s were so built up, real and strong. I think it’s also what made the book so addictive. I didn’t have time to get bored because you are thrown from one character to another and desperate for the next chapter to start so it follows on from where it finished beforehand (I did at one point skip to the next chapter just to see how things turned out then went back!)

The actual storyline is just pure genius. I was totally enthralled from page one and it’s one of those rare books where I literally just zoned out from my world and became totally entwined in this new and thrilling world where everything was fast paced and mind blowing. You don’t get a second to think before something else is thrown your way for you to absorb.


Final Thoughts

I think Afterworlds is like Marmite, you either love or hate it. For me, I most definitely LOVED it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult