20.6.19

*Review* A Pizza My Heart by Teagan Hunter

Series : #1 Slice Series
Released :  20th June 2019
Publisher: N/A
Format : E Book
Source : Book Tour
Buy : Amazon
Overall rating
Photobucket


.... The Blurb  ...

Most people would probably be embarrassed to land themselves back in their hometown and working at a pizzeria after an ugly divorce.

Not me.

It’s home, and I have one last shot to make Wren Daniels see me as more than just her brother’s best friend.

When the opportunity to show her what’s been right in front of her this whole time presents itself, I take it, holding nothing back this time.

Wren thinks we’re pretending, but there’s nothing fake about the way I feel.

After all, she’s always had…a pizza my heart.

.... My Thoughts   ...
In Short
- I love Teagan and her witty writing. 
- I really liked Wren and Foster separately. 
- The story line is slower paced. 

In Long
I am a big fan of Teagan and how witty her writing is, it leaves me laughing so hard, I couldn't wait to read her new book. As you can see from the rating this one wasn't as much for me, I just couldn't get as in to it and found it dragged in some places but I will always hold out for Teagan's next book, especially if its who i believe it is. 

I loved both Wren and Foster separately. Their banter with their friends and Wren with her brother was what I love so much about Teagan's writing.  It always flows effortlessly and is just hilarious. Wren is just a pure child when she is with her brother and I loved this. I wish we had gotten even more of seeing them together. He is a jerk but I found myself really liking him?!

Foster didn't grab me as much but I definitely liked his interactions. That said I just wasn't feeling it between him and Wren. This was definitely the main thing for me and I can not put my finger on why I just didn't connect with them together. I feel maybe things were too slow for me then felt like it went from a long 0 to suddenly a 10. 

Final Thoughts
Sadly not as much for me as I hoped but Teagan will always be a fav of mine <3

Find Teagan Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult