4.9.18

*Review* Nasty by Callie Hart


Nasty by Callie Hart
Released : 24th May 2018
Publisher: Self Published
Format : E book
Source : Kindle Unlimited
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket

.... The Blurb  ....

“When you’re with me, you’re not vulnerable. When you’re with me, you are safe. When you’re with me, you will never be alone. And as for your heart, Sera Lafferty…I’ll make it beat so fast you’ll never feel it ache.” 

Sera Lafferty isn’t insane. 
She’s always made the smart decisions. 
She has a career. A loving sister. The carefully mapped out, peaceful life in Seattle that she’s craved since childhood. So why, then, does she suddenly find herself on a scavenger hunt, traveling across the country with a stranger? And not just any stranger. A maddeningly sexy hitman, who’s been paid to end her life. 

His past is shrouded in secrets, and his eyes are filled with ghosts. Sera knows she should head back to Seattle, to sever all ties with her handsome man in black. But leaving him might not just hurt Sera in the end. It might end up getting her killed. 
Fix Marcosa damn well knows better. 
He’s been focused on his goals ever since the fateful day he swore to avenge his friend’s brutal attack. Booze. Drugs. Violence. Sex. Nothing has distracted him from his mission. But Sera is more potent than alcohol, more addicting than any opiate. She makes the fury in his blood sing. And her body? Her body is utter perfection, and he just can’t keep his hands off it. Or his mouth for that matter. 

Fix is determined. 
Screw the money. Screw the consequences, and screw anybody stupid enough to stand in his way. 
He isn’t going to end Sera Lafferty’s life. 
He’s damn well going to save it.


.... My Thoughts   ...
In Short
- The story line had me on the edge of my seat.
- I enjoyed seeing things develop between Sera and Fix
- Nasty is full of all sorts of action ;)

In Long
 I started Nasty as soon as I finished Dirty, desperate to know where things go from where they ended and to see how Fix and Sera's relationship develops. The whole story line twist had me on the edge of my seat and I found myself having to skip ahead sometimes to have a quick read before I could even consider putting it down and going to bed. 

Sera and Fix somehow really compliment each other and seeing their trust as well as chemistry grow had me as engrossed as the story itself.  Their characters are so alike in some ways but polar opposite in others and Callie's writing just makes these characters so intriguing. Fix is a big dick sometimes, not even he would deny that, yet somehow Callie creates characters that the reader just can't not fall for. 

Nasty is full of action, of both sorts, and both surprised me. Callie mixes intense dark action with intense sexual action to create the perfect combination.

Final Thoughts
I really enjoyed Nasty, getting to know Fix more and seeing other sides to him as well as his alpha bad boy image was a big cherry on top. Callie is a very talented author.


Quotes
“I’m the thing that stands between you and the dark. I will always be standing there, bracing for the shit storm, ready to fucking defend and protect you, if that’s what you want, because you’re the most important, pivotal, vital thing that’s ever happened to me.”

“I’m the boy who fell for you from afar, Sera. I should have done the right thing and walked away. I’ve never had a problem walking away from anything in my whole damn life, but I was weak. I could not walk away from you.”

“And as for your heart, Sera, I’ll make sure it’s beating too fast for you to ever feel it ache again.”
Find Callie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult