10.9.18

*Review* Dirty Headlines by L.J. Shen

Dirty Headlines by L.J. Shen
Series : N/A
Released : 7th September 2018
Publisher: Self Published
Format : E Book
Source : Author
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................

CĂ©lian Laurent.
Manhattan royalty.
Notorious playboy.
Heir to a media empire.
...And my new boss.

I could have impressed him, if not for last month's unforgettable one-night stand.
I left it with more than orgasms and a pleasant memory--namely, his wallet.
Now he's staring me down like I'm the dirt under his Italian loafers, and I'm supposed to take it.
But the thing about being Judith "Jude" Humphry is I have nothing to lose.
Brooklyn girl.
Infamously quirky.
Heir to a stack of medical bills and a tattered couch.
When he looks at me from across the room, I see the glint in his eyes, and that makes us rivals.
He knows it.
So do I. 
Every day in the newsroom is a battle.
Every night in his bed, war.
But it's my heart at stake, and I fear I'll be raising the white flag. 



 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- Dirty Headlines pleasantly surprised me. 
- The characters are individual and intriguing. 
- I struggled to put Dirty Headlines down. 

In Long
L.J. has a talent when it comes to creating characters, they are unique, individual and intriguing. Even the characters which weren't a main part of the book still had so much depth to them and added fun as well as drama in all the right places. Even without such an indulging storyline this book would have been as addictive because the characters are so enthralling

Jude is a heart warming character, someone I would want to be friends with in real life. She is kind, sweet and caring yet is so hard working, independent  and determined. I really enjoyed getting to know her throughout Dirty Headlines.
Celian is a class A 'A hole'. I feel so conflicted when it comes to him. His rude yet charming, ruthless yet caring. I was completely with Jude throughout this because I often felt the same as her, so conflicted! You don't know where you are when it comes to Celian but Jude deals with him so well and their interactions are just like hot and cold. They clash yet join together to create something warm and bubbling. 

Final Thoughts
Jude and Celian's story is addictive. They are so different and the interactions between them are unpredictable and fiery. I just couldn't get enough of them. 
This is the first book by L.J. Shen I have read and it definitely will not be the last! I love when a book surprises me like Dirty Headlines did. 


Quotes 
'We were both drowning, and when we were together, it felt like I was coming up for air.'

"But right now, standing in front of him, trying to make it in this cruel, real world, chase debt, and look after my father, something was better than nothing - especially something that came from him.'

' I laughed bitterly. "I can't fall in love  Celian. I'm broken."

Find L.J. Shen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult