7.6.13

*Review* Infinite Sky - C.J. Flood

Infinite Sky is out in Paperback on 4th July!
Infinite SkyInfinite Sky - C.J. Flood
Series : No
Released : 14th February (HB)/4th July (PB)
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher (Thank you) 
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)/Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Iris Dancy’s free-spirited mum has left for Tunisia, her dad’s rarely sober and her brother’s determined to fight anyone with a pair of fists.

When a family of travellers move into the overgrown paddock overnight, her dad looks set to finally lose it. Gypsies are parasites he says, but Iris is intrigued. As her dad plans to evict the travelling family, Iris makes friends with their teenage son. Trick Deran is a bare knuckle boxer who says he’s done with fighting, but is he telling the truth?

When tools go missing from the shed, the travellers are the first suspects. Iris’s brother, Sam, warns her to stay away from Trick; he’s dangerous, but Iris can no longer blindly follow her brother’s advice. He’s got secrets of his own, and she’s not sure he can be trusted himself.

Infinite Sky is a family story about betrayal and loyalty, and love.



 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- Infinite Sky is a unique read which tackles difficult 'subjects'.
- I  loved both the main characters and felt they were developed well.
-  I like how C.J. let the reader make their mind up about Trick and his character.
- The storyline kept my attention throughout the book.

In Long
I haven’t ever read a story like Infinite Sky before and I was excited to start reading it. I was intrigued by the storyline and wanted to get to know Trick’s character and see how C.J. had written him.

I really warmed to Iris right from the beginning; she’s a young girl who is growing up in a house with two males and no one to really rely on. I have never been through something like Iris but I still felt like I could relate to her, she had a lot going on alongside growing up and being a teenage girl. While reading Infinite Sky I loved being able to go on this journey with Iris, getting to know Iris and the people in her life, especially Trick because I got to know him at the same time as she got to know him. 
I love how C.J. wrote Trick's character, she left his character open for the reader so they could make their mind up about him and didn't in any way try to make him a certain person.

I really liked the pace which C.J. set the book at, it gave me as the reader a chance to get to know both Iris and Trick and therefore I was able to understand their actions throughout the book. The storyline itself wasn’t one which gripped me until towards the end but it kept my attention right throughout the whole book and then got very gripping towards the end of the book!

Final Thoughts
Infinite Sky was a really good read which is a lovely story about coming of age. The characters had many different things to deal with throughout the book and I felt like I really went on a journey with them.

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult