30.5.13

Totally Random Tour - Dream Film Cast's


I am so excited to share this post with you! Today I have a wonderful post to share with you with dream film casts from Karen Mahoney, Amy McCulloch and Emma Pass

Karen Mahoney:
I have to admit that I find this incredibly difficult. I’ve never been all that good when it comes to ‘dream’ casting my books, but I’ll give it a go for my most recent novel – THE STONE DEMON. This is the third in The Iron Witch trilogy, so there’s a regular cast of characters that you’ll follow through the whole series. Here are three actors who I could (maybe) see as the main characters:
 Donna Underwood played by Molly Quinn
Okay, so her hair is a little too light, but I think there’s something about her expression that perfectly encapsulates Donna. Also, I like that she’s actually the right age – more or less.





Alexander (Xan) Grayson played by a very young Norman Reedus 
You might think this is a weird choice, given how Norman looks on The Walking Dead, but at the beginning of his career he modelled for Prada. There’s something in this shot that captures some of Xan’s troubled, loner attitude... Maybe? Xan’s definitely the hardest to cast. Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Navin Sharma played by a young Arjun Gupta

 I’m afraid we have to jump in our time machine and go back a few years to get Arjun at the right age to play Nav, but I love this picture of him. Definitely says ‘Navin’ to me.


Find Karen Mahoney
Amazon (UK/USA)




Amy McCulloch:
Oh, fun! Creating a dream cast for The Oathbreaker’s Shadow is an interesting challenge. Since my world is inspired by the Mongolian empire, I’d have to look to some of the great Asian and Asian-American actors who are conquering Hollywood! But really the cast of my book is so diverse, I’m looking out for actors with the right spark or dark, kick-ass look in their eye to play some of my best characters…
 Khareh played by Maddox Jolie-Pitt
Imagine little Maddox Jolie-Pitt all grown up and I think you have all the makings of a perfect Khareh – intelligent, mischievous and maybe just a little bit used to getting what he wants (always).

Wadi played by Katerina Graham 
Wadi belongs to the ‘savage’ desert tribe known as the Alashan – the only people who have learned how to adapt to live in the desert, permanently. Her key attributes include a fiery personality and a strong sense of self... Katerina Graham, best known from The Vampire Diaries, is a multi-talented actress, singer and dancer herself – so I’m pretty certain she could run circles around Raim.

 Mhara played by Maggie Q 
Mhara is Raim’s mentor, the Protector of the Khan and leader of the elite group of warriors known as the Yun. She needs to look like she can kick-ass and take names… have you seen Nikita?! Just look at her in Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon and tell me that isn’t a warrior queen anyone could take notes from.

Raim played by Taylor Lautner
So Taylor Lautner is part-Native American, not Asian, but I can’t help but notice a striking resemblance between him and the Raim depicted by Alessandro ‘Talexi’ Taini on my front cover.


Can’t see the resemblance? I think it’s even clearer in this biceps shot.*

*Okay, that was just gratuitous… but who’s complaining?!

Find Amy McCulloch:


Emma Pass:
I have to admit, when I started to write this post, I got a bit stuck. The characters in ACID are so much themselves that I found it hard to imagine them being played by people from the ‘real world’. But, ‘Um, I don’t have one’ isn’t exactly a great blog post, is it? So I did some thinking and Googling, and this is who I’ve come up with:

Jenna Strong played by Noomi Rapace
Jenna is a complicated character – out of necessity, she has had to toughen herself up, but she also has a caring side that is gradually revealed over the course of the book. So whoever plays her would have to be someone who combines that toughness with a touch of vulnerability. While I was writing and editing ACID, I watched the original The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo films, and I reckon Noomi Rapace would be perfect as Jenna (complete with red hair, of course!).

Max Fisher played by Logan Lerman
Max is your typical cute boy-next-door (albeit one who finds himself thrown into a dangerous and terrifying situation), so if I had to choose anyone, I’d go with Logan Lerman (The Perks of Being a Wallflower).

Jacob played by William Fitchner
Jacob is charismatic, handsome, magnetic… and dangerous. The sort of person who, when he looks at you, makes you feel as if he’s reading every single thought inside your head. A slightly younger version of William Fitchner (those eyes!) would make a good Jacob.

Anna Healey played by  Louise Brooks
When Jenna first describes Anna, a high-up commander in ACID, she calls her ‘Agent Robot’, referring to Anna’s apparently flawless appearance and cool demeanour. So for her, I’m going to go back in time (I can totally do that, right?!) and choose Louise Brooks, a famous Hollywood actress from the 1920s. She also has the right hairstyle – perfect!

General Harvey
Hmm… Gary Oldman, anyone? 

Find Emma Pass
Amazon (UK/USA)
Book Depository

Thank you so much for such an awesome post ladies!

8 comments:

  1. click here
    Piece of content.I like it very much.Thanks for discussing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult