24.5.13

*Review* The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LeBan

The Tragedy PaperThe Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth LeBan
Series : No
Released : 10th January 2013
Publisher: Random House
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher (Thank you)
Buy : Amazon Paperback (UK/USA)/Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket


 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Every year at an exclusive private boarding school in New York state, the graduating students uphold an old tradition - they must swear an oath of secrecy and leave behind a 'treasure' for each incoming senior.
When Duncan Meade inherits the room and secrets of Tim Macbeth, he uncovers evidence of a clandestine romance, and unravels the truth behind one of the biggest mysteries in the school's history.
How far would you go to keep a secret?

 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- The Tragedy Paper is such a unique and captivating read right from the first page.
- I love the way in which this was written, Allen told the story in a very interesting way.
- Both the main characters are well developed characters.
- Although the ending wasn't as shocking as I hoped I still really enjoyed the book.

In Long
After finishing The Tragedy Paper I can honestly say I have never read a book like this one before. In every sense this is a unique, breathtaking read which had me captivated from the first page. More than anything I loved how throughout my time reading this book I was able to lose sense of my own reality and become part of Duncan and Tim’s.

The way that the story is written has taken a storyline with great potential to one which becomes more powerful and meaning than the storyline itself. I mean this in a good way, not a bad one. What I mean is The Tragedy Paper is a gripping story which has had powerful characters added to it making it impossible to put the book down.

The main character, Tim, is someone who I started off feeling very sympathetic towards from the beginning. The more I got into the book however the more I loved how Leban hadn’t written Tim’s character for the reader to feel sorry for but instead had written him in a way in which you can only feel admiration for. I really liked how I got to know Tim at the same time as Duncan.

I really liked Duncan’s part in the book, he is another well developed character who I warmed too more and more throughout the book. We don’t get a lot of time with him as the book is mainly about Tim and his story but I thought having Duncan there really added to the story.

The ending wasn’t really what I expected, I felt there was a massive build up to this big ending and then suddenly it was all over and although the ‘accident’, which is referred to throughout the book, was horrible I couldn’t help but feel a little let down by it.
Final Thoughts
The Tragedy Paper is such a well written book which is written in a new and different way. I am very excited for Elizabeth’s next book, I am sure it will be another great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult