27.11.12

*Review* - Kept by Shawntelle Madison

Kept (Coveted, #2)   Kept by Shawntelle Madison
Series : #2 Coveted
Released : 27th November 2012
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Format : Paperback
Source : Author (Thank you!)
Buy : Amazon Paperback (UK/USA)/Book Depository
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Fresh from defending her pack in battle, Natalya Stravinsky, a whip-smart werewolf with a lovable neurotic streak, wants a little rest and relaxation. Once an outcast, she’s now eager to rejoin the ranks of her New Jersey pack, and has even gotten a handle on her obsessive urge to hoard holiday ornaments. Yet Nat barely has time to revel in her progress before the next crisis comes howling at her door.

Nat’s father has suddenly gone missing, captured by the Russian werewolf mafia. And as Nat steps up to save her dad from a mob boss’s deadly game, two men step in to play another round for her heart: her gorgeous alpha ex-boyfriend, Thorn, and her new flame, the sweetly sensitive wizard Nick. With her life growing more harried by the minute, Nat must stay cool, calm, and collected . . . or else risk losing everything.

 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- Kept follows on nicely from Coveted (The first in the series)
- All the characters grew in Kept 
- Thorn is just ... <3
- Kept is such a unique paranormal book, you don't want to miss out!

In Long
Kept follows on nicely from the first book in the series, Coveted. However I found myself getting into Kept much quicker than Coveted. Everything seemed to move more quickly in Kept, the storyline constantly has something going on

All the characters grew in Kept which I really liked. I always think characters should never stop growing and Shawntelle made sure her characters continued to grow. I became even fonder of Nat in this book, she is such a strong character who deals with everything in the way she sees best, often putting herself last. Her character is such a realistic one because she does have her flaws but at the same time there is such much to like about her.

Thorn is so swoon worthy, he really keeps me guessing as to what his thinking which I love about male characters. His all mysterious and then he will suddenly open up but at the same time hold back from revealing everything. It definitely kept me guessing throughout the whole book. One moment I thought something then his next actions would make me think something different. It was like it’s own little storyline within itself.

Kept is such a different sort of paranormal book, I love how werewolves are the main paranormal creatures but there are also wizards, mermaids and many other paranormal creatures involved. It’s so interesting to see them altogether and how Shawntelle puts them into the storyline in a way which could make the storyline go in many different directions.

The ending is a great one, so much is still going on right up until the last sentence!! I could never predict the exact ending, although I thought it might end in a certain way I was never totally sure and I was definitely ‘on the edge of my seat’ throughout the book, especially the last 50 pages.

Final Thoughts
Kept is a great follow on from Coveted. I actually enjoyed Kept a bit more than Coveted which was a nice surprise because I didn't think I would after enjoying Coveted so much. I really recommend this series!! 

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult