22.10.12

2nd Blogoversary - Your questions!

A few weeks ago I asked you to fill in a form which any questions you had/wanted to ask me. Thank you so much to everyone who filled the form in.

If you have any questions yourself just comment below and I will reply asap! 

Books and Me 

Do you have any "bad" book/reading habit?
I don’t know if it counts as a bad book habit but I tend to not review the book as soon as I have finished it which is a terrible habit I have got into.
Marius - Maruis Reads
What's your favorite place to read?
It has to be my bed! Although with a heavy book it can be annoying to get comfortable and often fall asleep. I love my bed and I love my books so together they are perfect. 
Marius - Maruis Reads

What is your favorite film adaptation of a a novel?
The notebook! Although I haven't actually read the book so not sure if it counts but I do love The Notebook <3
Marius - Maruis Reads

What books are you looking forward to in 2013?
So many! Little list =) - Everbound, Requiem, Unravel Me, Just One Day, If I Should Die, Perfect Scoundrels etc etc etc! 
Kyra - Blog of a Bookaholic
When you request ARCs when do you send them the review? Do you send it early or wait until you post it and then send them the link? 
I will put the review up live on my blog and then send it through to the publisher or author
Michelle  - Book Briefs

What author have you learned to love that you never thought you would like?
Wow that is a good question I haven't ever had before! I actually can't think of an author who  haven't liked. All authors I have been in touch with are so kind and lovely! 
Lisa - Lisa's World of Books

What's your favourite snack while reading? 
Any sort of junk is good for me. Crisps, chocolate etc etc =)
Mel - Mel's Random Reviews

What's your favourite children's book?
An older childrens book which I still have and love is Hanging Onto Max by Margaret Bechard. The Very Hunger Caterpillar is a younger children book I love as well as Charlotte's Web and The BFG. 
Sarah - Parents in Touch


What are your top five favourite books you've read this year so far? 
The Fifty Shades Series, Beautiful Diaster, Trafficked (Non fiction), Divergent and Pushing the Limits .
Chloe - YA Booklover

Blogging and Me 

What's your advice for someone who's thinking about creating a blog?
Be patient with things like getting followers and review books and just concentrate on making a fun and unique blog. Make blogging part of your routine so you have time to keep it up to date. Most importantly make it fun! Blogging can be stress so making it fun is very important. 
Marius - Maruis Reads

What's the best experience you've had while blogging?
It's amazing when one of my favourite authors do a blog post for me. Working alongside the publishers and authors is amazing!

How do you balance everything with your blog? Do you have a schedule?
Being honest. I have sucked at this lately! Hence the lack of blog posts. However I tend to try to do them all the weekend and schedule them for the following week so I don't have to stress about doing them when I get home.
Michelle  - Book Briefs 

Favorite blogging moment, like the post you wrote that you loved the most, or a comment from a follower, or an author commenting on your review.
Wow it's hard to think back to the last two years. Lots of things. I have had an author comment on a review which was great. I love getting review requests and the authors show they have took an interest in my blog. Also I have had some comments saying how much they loved my blog etc which means so much! 

How difficult was it approaching publishers for that first contact/How did you do that?
It's very difficult and scary. It's hard to know what to say. However every publisher is so friendly and open to blogs it's amazing! I think if I went back in time I would introduce myself first and leave it at that. Then the publishers know about me and can ask for reviews if they wish.
Mel - Mel's Random Reviews 

I am a UK reader of PNR and UF with some YA and there seem to be very few UK / European based Blogs that review the Authors / Genres that I like most. I have followed your Blog for some time now, Happy Anniversary !
Why do you think the overwhelming majority of Blogs for these books are from US/Canada.
Or is it just me not looking in the right places and I can't find more than half a dozen in the UK :)
First off, thank you very much. I am so glad you enjoy my blog! 
I think the overwhelming majority of blogs are from US/Canada is because they are both very big countries and also, especially the USA, have such a big number of publishers. Most books published in the UK have been published in the USA first. Also the population compared to other countries. However there is a nice number of UK blogs. Check out - http://bookbloggersuk.blogspot.co.uk
Irene
Why did you start blogging? How do you promote your blog and the giveaways on your blog?
I started to blog for a place to share my reviews of the books I was reading and to keep a record of what books I have read etc. Then it slowly became much much more into a blog which I post on daily about not just reviews but books coming out, what books I got that week etc. I tend to promote with tweeting and also putting on my giveaway blog UKbookgiveaways
Sarah - Parents in Touch 

How you started your blog? i want to start my own but i don't know how should i do it... i have made a blog on blogger but don't know how i should start posting.
I would start with introducing yourself, who you are, what type of books you are reading. Then start with reviews and what books your reading next, books you can't wait to out. Join in with some meme etc =)
Anubha

1 comment:

  1. Very good questions and answers!! Thank you for taking the time to make such a helpful & insightful post! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult