5.2.19

*Review* - Maid In England by Brenda St. John Brown

Series : N/A
Released :  5th February 2019
Publisher: Self Published 
Format : E Book
Source : Book Tour
Buy : Amazon
Overall rating
Photobucket

.... The Blurb  ...


TO: The guy who dumped me because of my career
FROM: The woman hired to advance yours
RE: I am 150,000% over you. 
Alastair,

I’m on the 11:14 train out of London, so I’ll be there by 3:00. To make this as painless as possible, I thought it would help to establish key ground rules:
1. No rehashing our past relationship. Yes, we were engaged, but it’s been twelve years and I’m over you.
2. I’m very good at my job and that job is to help you shed the “reclusive” part of the whole “reclusive rock star” vibe you’ve got going on. Brace yourself.
3. My plan is to have this wrapped up by Friday, so save your smoldering looks until I’m gone, please. (I assume you still smolder?) I’m immune now. See item #1.
4. My cousin is getting married and guess who's a bridesmaid? Funny, huh? Almost as funny as the fiancée you dumped because you thought she was married to her job now saving yours.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride. Except almost. That one time.
Remi

P.S. Have I mentioned I’m totally, completely 150,000% over you?


.... My Thoughts   ...
In Short
 Maid in England is a charming and sweet read.
- Alastair is a closed book and wouldn't have liked to get to know him more.
- Remi and Alastair go on a real soul searching journey.

In Long
Maid in England is a sweet book which charmed my socks off. There are some irresistibly sweet scenes which makes you want to say 'aww' a loud.

It is a slower paced book and because of this it took me a while to get in to and I felt like I didn't click much with the two main characters. That said they both do go on a journey in this book and Remi is hopelessly innocent and funny in many scenes. 

Alastair is quite a closed book through much of this book and I felt like maybe it just took too long for his character to come out more because, when it did, I really enjoyed this read much more.

Despite the many sweet scenes I really did crave a bit more steam and chemistry. I felt like they just needed a lift me up between them and this could have been the answer. Something was missing for me and maybe this would have made them feel a bit more intense.


Final Thoughts
Maid in England isn't one which had me holding my breath and although, for me, it didn't have that wow factored, I still enjoyed this charming, sweet read with two characters which went on a life changing journey together.

Quotes 
'Because the truth is, I can't solve this puzzle either, but damn if it doesn't feel like the pieces of my heart are clicking into place.'

Find Brenda St. John Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult