6.9.13

*Review* Crash by Nicole Williams


Crash (Crash, #1)
Crash by Nicole Williams
Series : Yes (#1 Crash)
Released : June 2013
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher (Thank you) 
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)/Book Depository
Overall rating
 photo 451.png

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
Southpointe High is the last place Lucy wanted to wind up her senior year of school. Right up until she stumbles into Jude Ryder, a guy whose name has become its own verb, and synonymous with trouble. He's got a rap sheet that runs longer than a senior thesis, has had his name sighed, shouted, and cursed by more women than Lucy dares to ask, and lives at the local boys home where disturbed seems to be the status quo for the residents. Lucy had a stable at best, quirky at worst, upbringing. She lives for wearing the satin down on her ballet shoes, has her sights set on Juilliard, and has been careful to keep trouble out of her life. Up until now.
Jude's everything she needs to stay away from if she wants to separate her past from her future. Staying away, she's about to find out, is the only thing she's incapable of.
For Lucy Larson and Jude Ryder, love's about to become the thing that tears them apart.



 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- I loved getting to know about Lucy and her life.
- I found the relationships in this book all really interesting and loved watching them develop. 
- The storyline stayed interesting throughout the book with a few twists.

In Long
Nicole Williams is an author who I have wanted to read a book by for ages. When I received the Crash series for review I can’t tell you how excited I was to start reading them. After being told how awesome the series was by Jess from Jess Hearts Books I couldn’t resist Crash any more.

Within the first chapter I was drawn into Lucy’s world. I was really intrigued by her, although her life was difficult it hadn’t always been and I really admired her for adapting to her new life and the new struggles she was going through.

Jude’s character is one which I fell in love with straight away. I don’t know what it is about a bad boy with attitude but they always seem to win me over very quickly. Even more so when they show a side soft to themselves to prove they aren’t all bad.

As well as Jude’s and Lucy’s characters there are plenty of other characters in this book which are all developed really well and added to the story. I really found Lucy’s relationship with her mother interesting to read as well as her and her dad’s relationship.

Sometimes with books like Crash the author creates these amazing characters but fails when it comes to the storyline. Crash was definitely not a victim of lacking storyline, there are a few twists throughout the book which really add entertainment value to the book.


Final Thoughts
Crash was just the sort of book which I was in the mood for; I couldn’t have been more pleased that I picked this out from my massive TBR pile(s). If you’re looking for a YA romantic read which involves a bad boy then this book is for you!

2 comments:

  1. I highly recommend Crash. It's such a wonderful contemporary romance that was deep in places I wasn't expecting and funny just when I needed a laugh. It is a must read if you like any kind of YA romance.

    Cleo Rogers (Puyallup Plumbing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult