1.11.18

*Review* The Rival by Megan Green

The Rival By Megan Green
Released : 1st November 2018
Publisher: Self Published
Format : E Book
Source : Book Tour
Buy : Amazon
Overall rating
Photobucket

.... The Blurb  ...

I love her. But she loves him.

I’d known Avery Grant was the one for me from the moment she bossed me around on the playground. After over a decade of friendship, I’m still biding my time, waiting for the moment she realizes everything she’s ever wanted is standing right in front of her. 

Then one white envelope sends my world spiraling.
A wedding invitation, announcing Avery’s engagement to the one man who could never deserve her: Miles Johnson.

Miles is the worst kind of human — and my biggest rival. Everything I can do, he thinks he can do better, including being the best rookie pitcher the MLB has seen in decades. But if he makes her happy, who am I to interfere?

But when Avery shows up on my doorstep, devastated and heartbroken by Miles’s betrayal, I can’t help but open my doors for her. 

The timing is all wrong, but I won’t miss my shot. 
This time, I refuse to strike out.


.... My Thoughts   ...
In Short
 So much cuteness!
- I loved the flashbacks of Avery and Carter together when younger.
- Carter is the perfect book boyfriend. 

In Long
Oh my goodness. The Rival has all the cuteness you could ever wish for! I was totally swooning over not just Carter but seeing him with Avery is just simply damn adorable.

I lived for the flashbacks which allowed me to see into their past and their memories together. I definitely felt more connected to Avery and Carter and more understanding of their relationship and history with the more I started to know about them through their flashbacks. 

Carter is everything you could want in a book boyfriend and more! His willing to fight for something and to prove himself and oh my goodness he does it and does it well! Avery is a really lovely girl who cares deeply about Carter, it's so lovely to see how much they feel for each other. 

The storyline was so perfectly paced, I didn't want to put the book down because I needed more of these two together, to see their relationship changing, facing the challenges and getting to know each other even more. 

Final Thoughts
The Rival is a sweet, charming romance which you will be sure to fall in love with. 

Quotes
'Love is always worth the risk
'
'She's my best friend, the person I turn to before anyone else, and the women I would absolutely lay down my life for if it mean't ensuring her happiness.'

'"Like that could ever happen. You've wormed your way too deep into my life for me to just forget you" and my heart, I tack on silently.'

Find Megan Green

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult