12.3.14

*Review* Moonglass By Jessi Kirby

Moonglass - Jessi Kirby
Series : No
Released : 3rd May 2011
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Format : Hardback
Source : Brought
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
I read once that water is a symbol for emotions. And for a while now, I've thought maybe my mother drowned in both.
Anna's life is upended when her father accepts a job transfer the summer before her junior year. It's bad enough that she has to leave her friends and her life behind, but her dad is moving them to the beach where her parents first met and fell in love--a place awash in memories that Anna would just as soon leave under the surface.
While life on the beach is pretty great, with ocean views and one adorable lifeguard in particular, there are also family secrets that were buried along the shore years ago. And the ebb and flow of the ocean's tide means that nothing--not the sea glass that she collects on the sand and not the truths behind Anna's mother's death--stays buried forever.



 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- I wasn't sure if to stick with Moonglass but I am glad I did. 
- I sadly didn't feel any emotion with this book.
- I didn't feel I built a relationship with Anna.  

In Long
Moonglass is a hard book for me to review; I can’t decide whether I would have probably liked this more if I would have read it at a different point. Half way through the book I did feel like it wasn’t the sort of book I wanted to read at that time and thought about putting it down to pick up at a later date. However I stuck with it and I am glad I did, Moonglass won me over towards the end.

I think for me the thing which I was missing while reading Moonglass was the emotion, I just didn’t feel Anna’s emotion or her loss and I think when reading a book like this it’s very important to get the emotional side of the story.

The story itself is a very sad and touching one but again I didn’t feel the sadness myself but as a writer Jessi Kirby definitely got that across to her readers. I just sadly didn’t build a relationship with Anna which most definitely held me back with this story.


Final Thoughts
Kirby is quite clearly a talented author who can definitely write! For me I just didn’t connect with the characters of Moonglass and found the storyline to be a bit slow and dull. However I am glad I read Moonglass and did enjoy it overall as a quick read.

1 comment:

  1. Golden and In Honor are amazing. I liked Moonglass, but it's not my favorite of her novels.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult