1.7.14

*Review* Playlist for a Broken Heart by Cathy Hopkins

Series : No
Released : 8th May 2014
Publisher: Simon and Schuster 
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
When Paige finds an old mix CD in a local charity shop, she can't help but wonder about the boy who made it and the girl he was thinking of when he chose the songs. The tracks tell the story of a boy looking for his perfect girl, a girl to understand him, a story of being alone, being let down, misunderstood and not knowing where to turn.
Following the clues of the music, Paige sets out to find the mysterious boy, going from gig to gig and band to band, hoping to track him down. But will who she finds at the end of the trail, be the boy she's imagined?
Another perfect girly read from Queen of Teen nominee Cathy Hopkins!


 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- I had lots of fun with the characters.
- I enjoyed going on a journey with Paige and watching her grow as a person.
-  The storyline is fun and entertaining. 

In Long
In a way Playlist for a Broken Heart is a sweet little romance book however that is most definitely not all it is! I love the idea of this CD being found in the charity shop and the mystery around the person who made the CD. It really made the book a fun read.

While reading this book I had so much fun with the characters. They are such real and down to earth people, just the sort of people I would have been friends with when I was at school. In fact it was almost like being back at school myself with my friends. It brought back so many memories and I found myself really able to relax while reading this. 

I couldn’t necessarily relate to the story myself as I haven’t ever had to move from my home town however I could definitely relate to being the new girl, I think everyone can in the sense from when they start primary and secondary school. It’s a tough time and going through this journey with Paige really changed her as a person. 

Final Thoughts
Playlist for a Broken Heart is a brilliant read which I really enjoyed. Sadly I never got the chance to sit in the sun and read this but it would be the perfect summer read which you can relax with. You most definitely don’t need to be a teenage to read this and it's the perfect read for a variety of ages. 

3 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult