21.3.15

*Review* - The Book of You by Claire Kendal

The Book of You
The Book Of You by Claire Kendal
Series : No
Released : 1st Januart 2015
Publisher: Harper Collins 
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon UK/USA
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
A terrifying psychological thriller about obsession and power, perfect for fans of Gone Girl and Before I Go to Sleep.

Clarissa is becoming more and more frightened of her colleague, Rafe. He won’t leave her alone, and he refuses to take no for an answer. He is always there.

Being selected for jury service is a relief. The courtroom is a safe haven, a place where Rafe can’t be. But as a violent tale of kidnap and abuse unfolds, Clarissa begins to see parallels between her own situation and that of the young woman on the witness stand.

Realizing that she bears the burden of proof, Clarissa unravels the twisted, macabre fairytale that Rafe has spun around them – and discovers that the ending he envisions is more terrifying than she could have imagined.


 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
-This is a very thought provoking read
- I loved that it was in a diary form and 1st person.
- I was left feeling slightly 'incomplete' with the ending

In Long
I straight away fell in love with how this was written, the idea to write it in the form of a diary was genius in my opinion. It meant I connected with Clarissa very quickly because it felt like she was telling me about her life because her feelings were very much real. When not in diary format it’s in 3rd person which meant I was able to see the storyline outside of Clarissa’s eyes.

It’s a very provoking book which really had me spooked at many points. I found this made me even more addicted because I was constantly on edge wondering what was going to happen next. The idea of what Clarissa was going through and how people actual go through this in real life was definitely something I thought about while reading this and really saw how hard and terrifying it is to deal with. It’s just not as simple to ‘stop’ as some people can think.

I don’t know if its ‘fair’ to say I was disappointed with the ending, it wasn’t disappointment as such but there wasn’t ever the ‘WOW’ moment at the end. I guess when there are so many high points in a book like there is in this one the ending was just a gradual end to Clarissa’s story. I just wish some things has been answered, it left me feeling slightly ‘incomplete’. 

Final Thoughts

If you’re looking for a book which will keep you on the edge compelling, disturbing, spine chilling book then this is a definite read


Find Meghan

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult