6.10.14

*Review* If I Were You by Lisa Renee Jones

If I Were You (Inside Out, #1)
Released : 12th March 2014
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
The steamy first installment in the Inside Out erotic romance trilogy by Lisa Renee Jones, in the bestselling tradition of Fifty Shades of Grey.

When Sara McMillan finds a stack of journals in a storage unit, she’s shocked and enthralled by the erotic life the writer led. Unable to stop reading, she vicariously lives out dark fantasies through Rebecca, the writer—until the terrifying final entry.

Certain something sinister has happened, Sara sets out to discover the facts, immersing herself in Rebecca’s life. Soon she’s working at the art gallery Rebecca worked at and meeting Rebecca’s friends. Finding herself drawn to two dangerously sexy men, the manager of the gallery and a famed artist, Sara realizes she’s going down the same path Rebecca took. But with the promise of her dark needs being met by a man with confident good looks and a desire for control, she’s not sure anything else matters. Just the burn for more


 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- Gripping, Intense and intriguing. 
- The writing is fascinating 
- Heart breaking irresistible male characters.

In Long
The whole concept of If I Were You is just damn awesome. It’s as simple as that. It has everything you want in a book and more! I really can’t pick any faults with it so there is no point in even trying.

The whole mystery of Rebecca is truly gripping and I found myself becoming obsessed in trying to find more out about Rebecca just like Sara was. Because of this it’s pretty much impossible to put the book down from a few pages in.

The writing is just irresistible and charming. The characters become more alive with each chapter and I loved getting to know them more as I got further into the book. I found Sara a brilliant main character with a lot of heart and someone I would easily be friends with in real life.

Of course there is the heart breaking delicious male characters who tick every right box and more! I totally fell for them both and felt both sorry for and jealous of Sara!

I can’t recommend this book enough. I think it’s a brilliant book for people who want a bit more of a story line to their erotic books and I am sure once you have picked it up you won’t be putting it down until you finish the last page.

Final Thoughts

On a side note, make sure you have the second book at hand because you will NEED it as soon as you finish the last page of If I Were You. 

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult