21.6.14

*Review* Taken by David Massey

Series : No
Released : 6th March 2014
Publisher: Chicken House
Format : Paperback
Source : Publisher
Buy : Amazon (UK/USA)
Overall rating
Photobucket

 .................................... The Blurb  ....................................
A young crew of five are toughing it out together, sailing around the world on a gruelling charity challenge. They are used to being pushed to the limit, but nothing could have prepared them for being kidnapped.

When they are taken hostage by a notorious warlord and his band of child soldiers, the trip of a lifetime turns into a one-way journey into the heart of the African jungle.

When hope is all you have, survival is all you can fight for...


 .................................... My Thoughts   ....................................
In Short
- Taken is a very intense read.
- Became action packed very quickly.
-  I became almost friends with the characters.


In Long
Having enjoyed David's previous book, Torn, I was excited to read Taken and was hoping to enjoy it as much as I did Torn. 

Taken is a very intense read from the beginning and really got action packed pretty much within a few pages! Any uncertainty that I had about the book was very quickly diminished by David's style of writing which captivated me. I really felt like I was going through this experience with the characters and was actually there myself. I wanted to fight with and for the characters.

I really enjoyed how Taken unfolds and different parts of the story start to be pieced together and make sense. It definitely kept my attention throughout the book, I even found myself holding my breath at some points as I read as quickly as I could to find out what David had planned for my 'new friends'. 


Final Thoughts
Taken is a chilling book which was different from anything else I have read before. I really enjoyed David's style of writing which flowed easily and was very addictive.


Find David

4 comments:

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult