28.12.13

Author Interview - Nicole Williams

Sadly my Nicole Williams month didn't go to plan as I still had a few posts left to schedule and my little boy arrived 10 days early.
One of the posts I still had left to schedule was my interview with Nicole Williams. Sorry it has taken so long to get up. 

Nicole  Williams
When writing a series like Crash do you have their journey throughout the whole series planned or do you tend to see where things go?
I do a little bit of both. I definitely have the story arch planned out and how my characters are going to change throughout the book, but I like to keep my individual scenes open. I find some of the best stuff comes when I'm letting the words flow unplanned. I like to let my characters do something crazy and take the story off course for a while . . . just so long as they make their way back eventually.

When it comes to creating a bad boy what personality traits do you think are important and how do you go about creating a bad boy which your readers can't help but fall in love with?
Bad boy characters go against the social norm flow. They flip their proverbial finger at what's socially acceptable and blaze their own trail. They're mysterious, brooding, and often times explosive. I think the key to making a bad boy character redeemable just enough so the reader can't help but fall in love with him is giving the reader peeks into his soul every now and again. What are his weaknesses? Why is he the way he is? What memories is he repressing? What are his virtues? I'm a sucker for a reluctant hero, and I love a bad boy who fits into this category.

Do you have a favorite over all character from any of your books?
Trying to pick a favorite character is like a parent trying to pick a favorite child—next to impossible. I love them all for different reasons, but here are a few of my "favs": Jude from the CRASH series, Jesse and Rowen from the LOST & FOUND series, and William from the EDEN TRILOGY.

You have written a few different genre books, what genre books are your favorite to write?
Again, this is a hard one to say because my favorite is whatever frame of mind I'm in at the moment. I tend to go back and forth between sweeter, softer stories, to then more angsty, steamy stories. For example, I just finished a sweeter series of books, and my next project is a sexy adult read. I love the ability to write whatever I'm feeling like at the time. Best. Job. Ever.

What part of a book do you find the hardest to write? Beginning, Middle or End?
The beginning. I know there's three hundred pages to follow and the first few pages seem like such a hurdle sometimes. My first book I ever wrote, I think I scrapped and redid the beginning five times. The beginning sets the tone of the story and it needs to be solid enough to pull the reader in because it doesn't matter if the middle and ending are earth-shattering, no one's going to read it if I can't nail the beginning.

Describe the Crash series in 3 words?
Dramatic, sexy, sweet.

Thank you very much Nicole for answering my questions. 

Find Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking time to write a little comment!

A book blog featuring Romance, Dark Romance and New Adult